It's A Living Online

by Kyuukei
It's A Living Online
A very old life simulation game with a twist.
ID:58749

Surprise. I bet you thought I lost these host files.

This game was once a popular game back in the day. (Over 15 years ago!) For all of those who enjoyed it in it's prime...and after several long years it's back on the hub. This will keep you entertained while I work on the sequel.

~Kyuukei @7/1/2018
I FUCKING MISS THIS GAME.... DAMN IT... WHERE ARE THE FUCKING HOST FILES... I WILL HOST THIS DAMN GAME FOR MY LIFE!!!!!
I know! The game was truly amazing. I miss it so much. If Kyuukei needs a place to put host files for download I know of a site that does it for free. This is one of the few respectable BYOND games that I wish I could return to. Just thinking about it reminds me of when BYOND was fresh and amazing (at least, to me).
That reminds me... where the hell is kyuukei?... also I wouldn't mind having the site link. And do you remember what the name of that techno song was (it was the theme for this game)
It's Sandstorm Darude.

And you can find me at dbzjourney.com.
In response to Kyuukei
Kyuukei wrote:
It's Sandstorm Darude.

And you can find me at dbzjourney.com.

Dbzjourney died tho...

Anyway you really should come back
bump to say im trying to remake the original version of this game as best as I can using my memory aswell as screenshots...

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1917056&first_unread=1

Edit: nvm just saw that its being rehosted again. lol
now if only the host files were released to the public
Kyuukei, you still alive?
Yes.
I actually found the source code to this game. Evidently I sent the source code to Recon (creator of the Pokemon X web comic) a while back because he wanted to redo a lot of the tiles which were objectively bad even for back then. (All of the sprite work was objectively bad.)

I was cleaning out my email and found it in my sent folder. I don't plan on returning or resuming work on it anytime soon because there are far better engines out there and I'm straying away from 2D and working with 3D.

Maybe a unreal engine remake is in IALO's future? Who knows. I thought it was neat to look at my old unorganized code and bad game design and see how much I grew over the years. IALO was fun but there was a lot wrong with it. Balancing was crap, cars were OP, the economy was trash, and the AI was poop. I could do better.

Anywho -

If I ever make another game I'll drop information on it in this thread.
In response to Kyuukei
Kyuukei wrote:
I actually found the source code to this game. Evidently I sent the source code to Recon (creator of the Pokemon X web comic) a while back because he wanted to redo a lot of the tiles which were objectively bad even for back then. (All of the sprite work was objectively bad.)

I was cleaning out my email and found it in my sent folder. I don't plan on returning or resuming work on it anytime soon because there are far better engines out there and I'm straying away from 2D and working with 3D.

Maybe a unreal engine remake is in IALO's future? Who knows. I thought it was neat to look at my old unorganized code and bad game design and see how much I grew over the years. IALO was fun but there was a lot wrong with it. Balancing was crap, cars were OP, the economy was trash, and the AI was poop. I could do better.

Anywho -

If I ever make another game I'll drop information on it in this thread.

damn, havn't heard Recon Dye in many moons, wonder if he is still around...

but yea, you do have a point.. IALO was a bit of a janky mess, an incredibly fun and innovative mess, but a mess none the less.

I believe much of the jank came from the Zeta elements? such as having to do a finishing move when you knock down an enemy in order for them to die.

Hopefully I am still around to witness the eventual Unreal remake of IALO, because it truly was an innovative game with features that still aren't included in open world games to this day.

Good luck, and please keep the source safe, as this is a piece of byond history that belongs in an archive or museum of sorts.