ID:59102

Keywords: delicious, pizza

Poll: How do you eat your Pizza?

I eat it flat 65% (104)
I fold 'em 35% (56)

Login to vote.

So, tonight I picked up pizza, and a couple of my brother's friends asked me why I fold my Pizza. My answer basically was "I don't know, I just do" and I left the room to go eat my pizza. This caught my interests and I did some googling. Apparently folding one's pizza is a unique eating habit to a specific part of the United States (which surprise surprise me and my family is from).

So I ask thee all do you fold your pizza?

Or do you eat it flat?

Also bonus points if you post what you voted for, and what area you live in.
I believe I got the concept of folding pizza from a New Yorker in the Bronx. Now I kind of feel retarded eating it flat and getting the sauce on my face. It compresses the Pizza to fit into you're mouth. At the moment I live in Virginia. :)
Depends if im in a rush or not...

Oh and erm England >_>
Eat it flat(even the giant ass 20" ones), and NC, USA.
Fold it, live in GA, but im from NYC.
I live in GA and I've never seen anyone fold it. o.O

Also where in GA are you mitch?
I like it flat (no matter what the size), and I'm from PA.
Hehe, so it would appear the theory is holding as of now, though Chris seems to be a bit of an anomaly.

But for those that are wondering, it's the area in and around New York City where Pizza folding seems to come from.
I fold it, I live in New York. Just seems much smoother and quicker. Especially when you eat it straight from the oven. You don't have all that cheese fall off on the first bite.
Flat, also no matter what the size. TN
Awesome question.

90% of the time flat if I buy it, 33% of the time if I make it myself... I make a kickass homemade pizza; I've got the pizza stone and peel and have nearly perfected a homemade crust. This particular crust is relatively thin and will stay somewhat moist if I've made it correctly. And if it's moist, I usually fold it out of necessity.

Get a good NY style or even North End Boston, you gotta fold it. But most pizzas out there don't need it.
A consistent method? Eating different pieces in a different manner is part of the fun! =)
ACWraith wrote:
A consistent method? Eating different pieces in a different manner is part of the fun! =)

...where are you from?
I fold the parts as I go along, British Columbia, Canada.
Fold.

I live in Louisiana and I'm the only one I know that does it.

I guess it's not a South sort of thing.
@Pmitch: North Country! (Upstate New York.)
I fold it, I started doing that probably around when I was 9 or 10, maybe even younger. I live in Bronx, New York. I always folded it because it makes me feel more filled up than eating it unfolded.
I know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.
I start out flat and than proceed to fold it as I go along (usually by the 3rd or so bite...) I also dip mine in hot sauce(No topping clearly). I'm from upstate NY about an hour and a half from the city.
Flat, Australia.

Salami and Anchovies make a great combination, for the record.
Page: 1 2 3