Oh, you're missing an option here: eating with fork and knife. I know a guy that eats his pizza with a knife and a fork. He's from Illinois for the record.
Flat, Australia. And unless it has happened on a TV show I watch, I've never seen someone fold their pizza.
Smoko wrote:
And unless it has happened on a TV show I watch, I've never seen someone fold their pizza.

Seconded.
The only time I would ever do it is if I had a single slice and I was walking around somewhere crowded. Even then, they'll typically give me a slice in a paper bag with a little cardboard slip so I just eat out of the bag (which leaves you with a wonderful bag of leftover topping to eat when you're done).

I'm guessing that's why it seems to stem from New York.

(Melbourne, Australia)
I'm from Manhattan, New York City (but you already knew that) and I fold my pizza.

I had a teacher once in Junior High that used to eat her pizza with a fork and knife and I never understood that shit. 0.o

But yeah, if from a pizza shop, I usually fold. I only eat Dominos' pizza flat because their pizza is too small to fold. But I still try to fold them slightly when I do. It's just natural to me.
The dark prince majin vegeta wrote:
I'm from Manhattan, New York City (but you already knew that) and I fold my pizza.

I had a teacher once in Junior High that used to eat her pizza with a fork and knife and I never understood that shit. 0.o

But yeah, if from a pizza shop, I usually fold. I only eat Dominos' pizza flat because their pizza is too small to fold. But I still try to fold them slightly when I do. It's just natural to me.

loooooool same XD
I fold, I get flack for it too.
I fold when I have to eat my pizza really quick, normally I prefer flat pizza :P
Well, it depends on the kind of pizza I'm eating...

Where I'm at (a small-ish city in Northern Ohio), there are very few pizza-by-the-slice options... We're basically limited to chain pizza, from Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc... And generally, their slices are either too small to fold, or small enough that folding isn't really necessary or beneficial...

It's really only for the wider, sloppier slices that folding becomes necessary, as folding not only decreases the width (so it fits into your mouth better), but it also increases the rigidity of the slice itself (so it doesn't fold and flop downwards, and you can hold it one-handed)

The pizza I generally eat has neither of those issues, so I'm not a folder (though I do on ocasion)

I eat my pizza butter side down.
2 pieces flat, 2 pieces folded.
If itīs just one piece i usually fold it in the end until i reach the edge donīt ask me way lol.
A friend of mine(Italian) told me that itīs a common way in Italy to eat your pizza folded. Dunno if itīs true at least i didnīt notice it when i was there.
I don't think you -can- fold Italian style pizza..or any other European variation. I know for sure that Spain's pizzas are crispy, thin crusted things. Also, Americans generally oversize everything, and I have a feeling Pizza is no exception
i donīt know about Spain but it works fine for Italian- and German-pizzas. I tried both.
It does not work for authentic Mexican pizzas (from Taco Bell).
Stupot wrote:
It does not work for authentic Mexican pizzas (from Taco Bell).

Gawd, I love Mexican Pizzas. I think I'm gonna go out and get one right now...
All this pizza talk is making me hungry.
I'm eating a slice now =D, also got a beef patty with cheese =o its soooo goooooooooooooood lol
Depends on how thin the slice is.
I eat it flat, like god intended us to do it in the south.
I like to roll up my pizza into like a burrito and then eat it with a knife and fork. Or just crap the whole damn thing in my mouth and chew.
Page: 1 2 3