ID:59165

This is just a link to the article. Honestly, I was shocked. Please read the article before you read any comments.

http://www.digital-anarchy.com/off-topic-news/ 9290-pittsburg-steelers-lose-3-super-bowl-trophies.html

Also, I realize "Pittsburg" is not the correct way to spell it, I lived 45 minutes outside of 'da burgh' for most of my life.
Great, now he's fucking up our sports. That's just fabulous.

Pardon my profanity there.
Lol, pretty funny. (I dont think HeavenlyFlow knows its a joke though).
Masterdan wrote:
Lol, pretty funny. (I dont think HeavenlyFlow knows its a joke though).

Didn't see if it was. Oh well, it's actually believable though. =/
Hmmm, starting a bit early, huh?
lol i was shocked when i read the headline of your blog post on the community page.
March 32,09 <---- O.o
HeavenlyFlow wrote:
Great, now he's fucking up our sports. That's just fabulous.

Pardon my profanity there.

The usage of the word "redistribute" and the fact that the link went to a forum should have told you right away that it wasn't a legitimate article. Pay attention.
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:

What do you mean by this?
Where's the love for the Browns?
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:

What do you mean by this?

Tomorrow happens to be a certain sigificant date that is associated with this sort of "news" (and the people who are fooled by it)

HeavenlyFlow wrote:
Didn't see if it was. Oh well, it's actually believable though.

...no it's not. How the hell could taking 3 Super Bowl trophies away from a team, and giving them to a team who has never won one, be believable? That makes no sense at all.
Cavern wrote:
HeavenlyFlow wrote:
Didn't see if it was. Oh well, it's actually believable though.

...no it's not. How the hell could taking 3 Super Bowl trophies away from a team, and giving them to a team who has never won one, be believable? That makes no sense at all.

Obviously, it's unbelievable from the start, but what really sets it off are all of the typos and flat-out mistakes in the article (which is supposedly a professionally-produced piece from ESPN) I mean, they misspell Roger Goodell's name, for pete's sake! I doubt anyone officially from ESPN would ever call him Roger Gadel...lol

You guys are pretty slow... I'm mean, seriously. The author is just taking a crack at Obama's policies using the NFL as an exaggerated example. It's not even related to April fools but clearly that is moot.

SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
t do you mean by this?
Tomorrow happens to be a certain sigificant date that is associated with this sort of "news" (and the people who are fooled by it)

Ah, I see now. I was wondering because there is -no- March 32nd.

Not to mention that it was posted on 03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Jeff8500 wrote:

The Browns are "relatively new"(1999 if I remember right), so they don't get a trophy.
I'm pretty sure ESPN's editors know how to spell "losing" as well.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:

The Browns are "relatively new"(1999 if I remember right), so they don't get a trophy.

Well, the Browns became the Ravens somewhere around the 80's or 90's.
Aside from the ridiculous tone of the article and the obvious spelling errors, any football fan will also tell you the Vince Lombardi Trophy is a traveling trophy; it moves from year to year to the home of the team who won it. The Steelers couldn't give up past trophies because it's the same trophy they've had in the past.
Tsfreaks wrote:
You guys are pretty slow... I'm mean, seriously. The author is just taking a crack at Obama's policies using the NFL as an exaggerated example. It's not even related to April fools but clearly that is moot.

Nope, you're the one who's got it wrong...

First piece of evidence is that the thing is dated "March 32nd" (regardless of it being posted two weeks ago)... March 32nd equates to April 1st...

And secondly, no, it's only related to Obama's politics because that makes it more "believable", as you get people who instantly go "yeah, sounds like something he'd do" (heck, there's one or two posters even in these comments right here who did just that)

So yes, it is most definitely intended as an April Fool's joke...

Disturbed Puppy wrote:

Well, the current Browns are relatively new... But the franchise goes back before any of us were born... It was simply taken out of Cleveland, and then they were given a "new" franchise to replace it...
Page: 1 2