Charmed Destiny

by Gaboswsttj
Charmed Destiny
Because you asked for it, good versus evil will have a whole new meaning... Coming soon Q1 2011.
ID:59279

A whole new generation full of magic!!
Join the best Charmed game ever!! The greatest system and game play!! Beta 1.4 Available for Download Soon!

JOIN THE NEW COMMUNITY FORUMS!
http://s1.zetaboards.com/Charmed_Destiny/index/

Because you asked for it, good versus evil will never be the same... Are you ready for what's to come?
Charmed Destiny Beta 1.4.4, Online Only!

--Gabo--

You'll need this to see the game at its best: http://www.creamundo.com/index.php?lang=en download the game font now!!

This game is unique and its been down for sometime so Im gonna give it a 7/10
Why cant I join?
Since the game has been submitted for BYOND RPG, I'll leave a little first impression:

Why am I presented with stats for a temporary mob on the title screen?
Why do I have 10 'empty' slots for beloved persons? Wouldn't it look more appealing to just append slots when I gather a new one?
If I should not use HTML on my character's name, simply parse the input and remove anything considered inappropriate, instead of telling me not to use it.
As a general rule of thumb, inputs and alerts make a bad impression and shouldn't be used much (they serve a good purpose to display important security-check questions, such as 'Do you really want to delete this?') past the developing stage. Using them for character creation is something a polished game should try to avoid.
I'm told that my character has to be at least 18 years old, yet when I enter 12, there is no visible consequence to this.
Debugging informations such as the two 'Ok(...)OK' shouldn't be included in the published version.
Output seems to happen twice per message instead of just once.
The recall thoughts should only be usable if I have anything to recall and should not spam me with 10 empty slots, but the ones that are of interest to me.
'Bug Repor Sended!!' Should be 'Thank you! You have successfully sent your bug report.'

That is just on a first glance though and does not debate the game mechanics.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Since the game has been submitted for BYOND RPG, I'll leave a little first impression...

Thanks for your comments and opinions. I'll try to fix those minor details as I keep updating. In the meantime, enjoy the game. ^^
woot THIS IS A GREAT GAME THAT GOT GREATER WITH THE UPDATES!!!But i would like to know why i cant host the game anymore i wouldf love to play it with my friends
This is awesome!
I want to download the 1.4.4 version(so the newest) and play in single mode,or play with online! Gabo :( We need a man who always host a server...[I caN't hos :[]and we can play with always :D.
would like for hit to be hosted and admind and get the game backon top
i want to play for more than 10 mins every few days
Gabo! I want to give some suggestions and icons o.o When can I talk with you? I meant new races,and rank class things....like a half-demon has got -1000 anligiment or power,get more "powers"(other abilities),or become The Source with -200.000,or anothers... New race:Cupid <3 You can become Cupid by:Have 1 beloved person(it can be a npc,not only player;I want a randomly beloved person accepter system for NPCs),+50 Anligiment,and die;and u get teleported to a pink place,maybe a little pink house,or a caastle;you enter to the castle/house and talk with Goddness of Love. :) and u turn to Cupid. or.. You go into Love Shop(near the Shops) and buy 1 Love Potion and 2 Roses(at Herb shop),and Sprinkle the potion on the roses and say a spell from the Book of Shadows(but need 1 beloved person and +50anligiment >.>!!)[but maybe..not need beloved person..only anligiment..:) ]
omg,I found suggestions topic on your forum XD
I'm new to the game but i don't know how to get a good alignment can someone tell me?
JAC, you just need to kill Xavier in the Graveyard. but in new version you can kill some warlocks cause there is added alignment change with killing different people.
where can i get a doll and why can i not go into the herb shop? :.(
and how do you kill?
ok i don't get it i spikied the doll and then i said the spell i am confused
sillybilly why cant i join?
This comment is directed at the feedback for the listing of Charmed Destiny.

I recently got in touch with Gabo about Charmed Destiny and he is planning on getting the game going again. With this in mind, here is my feedback.

Charmed Destiny has been inspired by other charmed games in byond, but is in no way considered a rip, in my opinion. There are a few things that I've seen in other places, but not enough to call this game a rip. Charmed Destiny uses graphics from Pokemon and a few from Chrono Trigger. The rest of them are considered open source and found in many other byond games, I believe.

The code is obviously not using much from outside places, meaning it is /Mostly/ coded by hand. There are a few places that I see it could have been pulled from elsewhere, but once again I feel its not enough to claim this game as a rip.

The code snippets that would be seen from other games, would be for instance, some of the orbs (teleports) uses the same one from Xoules.

I personaly say that there is not enough evidence to call this game a rip. It looks completely different than any other Charmed Game I've seen before. I'll host a server so someone can check it out. Might be a bit laggy, 'm not sure.
Lavitiz wrote:
This comment is directed at the feedback for the listing of Charmed Destiny.

I recently got in touch with Gabo about Charmed Destiny and he is planning on getting the game going again. With this in mind, here is my feedback.

Charmed Destiny has been inspired by other charmed games in byond, but is in no way considered a rip, in my opinion. There are a few things that I've seen in other places, but not enough to call this game a rip. Charmed Destiny uses graphics from Pokemon and a few from Chrono Trigger. The rest of them are considered open source and found in many other byond games, I believe.
Please point out these open source places and what icons they are, because most of the icons I see within the game are Chrono Trigger and Pokemon, which as you well know are copy righted.

The code is obviously not using much from outside places, meaning it is /Mostly/ coded by hand. There are a few places that I see it could have been pulled from elsewhere, but once again I feel its not enough to claim this game as a rip.
The very first opening sequence when you enter the game was ripped from Xoule's game... The whole "Hey, this is the creator!" Crap... But obviously, it is not using ripped material, just a few things here or there... Or you know... a lot of things here or there...

The code snippets that would be seen from other games, would be for instance, some of the orbs (teleports) uses the same one from Xoules.
That's called ripping. Xoule made those codes, not Gabo. And there are a lot more ripped codes in there from other games than just that. The one I mentioned about, this one, the one Gabo mentions on his comment in feed back, plus others from what I have seen in the game.
I personaly say that there is not enough evidence to call this game a rip. It looks completely different than any other Charmed Game I've seen before. I'll host a server so someone can check it out. Might be a bit laggy, 'm not sure.
It looks different than other Charmed games, because it uses more ripped content from other places to hide the fact that it was ripped... And it doesn't hide it very well. Large obvious places in the game show signs on ripped coding, the icons, some instances on the maps, ETC. I feel this is like a non-argument because it is basically you saying "This game is ripped, but there are some original parts in it as well, so its okay" However, that's not okay. If Gabo has the ability to make some original parts then why not just make a completely original game that doesn't use coding form other sources, or icons for that matter? There are some good aspects of this game don't get me wrong. He went about it in a very interesting way. But it is still a rip.

Page: 1 2