ID:59573

Post your comments here!
when if ever are you going to finish your charmed destiny game? its a really good game
and at the very least could stand to have some new quests added.
Hi!! I know I haven't updated in a while, but I'm working on it. I've been fixing bugs and adding more powers. I'm almost finished with the new witches quest. I'll be adding more maps and some powers will become even better! Just be patient please ^^'
Hey Gabo. :D Ummm... I've gotten some suggestions from the players... One said they'd appreaciate if you could add the pink effect when people astral project. Maybe some ranks... Source, Elder... Etc.. Ummm... I'm pretty sure that is it. But, It would be great if you could add some of these in. ^_^
Hey gabo my friend whos hosting wants to ask if you could give him gm or admin so he could give us ranks and help around with the lag.He lovesyour game alot .SO if you could go to 789789789's server when you can
i would love to help with ur charmed game i luv playing it on a one person server. lol i can code, i am also very good with binary and html codes. and if you arnt working on it any more could i continue it?
Aelita218 wrote:
Hey gabo my friend whos hosting wants to ask if you could give him gm or admin so he could give us ranks and help around with the lag.He lovesyour game alot .SO if you could go to 789789789's server when you can

Hey if you could help me? Because I have this epizdod with javna, and the like are in power but they do not exist? Can you help? Please!
You need to enter one of building next to the powerplant then say a spell and wait 5 second. Ah Tammy I think Gabo don't added Ranks to the C.D
Hi Gabo i can host your charmed game or your heros game 24/7 or someting like thet this is my msn: [email protected]
or my key: Alradaev
Host Heroes. I'm hosting Charmed
Please someone host my server. i I can't hosting right now but please, I will send you host fiels with my saves. Please!
Greets
~~Bart
Gaboswsttj wrote:
Hi!! I know I haven't updated in a while, but I'm working on it. I've been fixing bugs and adding more powers. I'm almost finished with the new witches quest. I'll be adding more maps and some powers will become even better! Just be patient please ^^'

So will it be done soon? It is APRIL!
Gabo, I am sorry for that I wasn't online but my BYOND won't work, I don't know how to fix it. I hope you aren't angry for that.
Greets
~~Bart
You mention that there are plenty of visual effects in 'your' Charmed Destiny game, which would cause 'lag. Would you mind to elaborate on this and provide some more detailed information (profiling, code snippets, way to host, etc. pp.)?

Thank you in advance.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
You mention that there are plenty of visual effects in 'your' Charmed Destiny game... (Yeah, my)
Well, basically, the game does some real-time iconing with certain skills, such as orbing, criokinesis, molecular dispersion, and the icons are created in the host's port. So what I need is someone who has a fast enough internet upload speed to handle this graphic effects until BYOND adds a new feature which will do all of this visual effects in each player's graphic card, that way, servers would be much less laggy.
Gaboswsttj wrote:
Well, basically, the game does some real-time iconing with certain skills, such as orbing, criokinesis, molecular dispersion

This sounds much like it could be precomputed and cached. Wouldn't that seem like a viable alternative?

Gaboswsttj wrote:
until BYOND adds a new feature which will do all of this visual effects in each player's graphic card, that way, servers would be much less laggy.

Client sided computing, especially of graphic effects has been requested a couple of times before (including by myself), but is somewhat tricky due to the nature of how BYOND was built.
How's it do.
Schnitzelnagler wrote:
This sounds much like it could be precomputed and cached. Wouldn't that seem like a viable alternative?

Well, yes, still, we would have to add more icon states, and it would get harder and harder to add new icons, specially for skills like Half-WL summoning.

Schnitzelnagler wrote:
Client sided computing, especially of graphic effects has been requested a couple of times before (including by myself), but is somewhat tricky due to the nature of how BYOND was built.

Actually, it has finally been added to the waiting list, and it will be added in one of the next updates.
Gaboswsttj wrote:
Well, yes, still, we would have to add more icon states, and it would get harder and harder to add new icons, specially for skills like Half-WL summoning.

If you can compute the icon_states at run time in your game, there shouldn't be any problem to write a small program to compute them in advance and then simply automatically add them at compile time to your game.
Which means adding new icons essentially gets as easy as clicking on 'run this program'. The benefit of such a method is obviously that you save yourself a lot of resources, both CPU and traffic wise. The added volume to the rsc file is not really a drawback, as the dynamically created icons would have to be sent during the game, which is even worse than downloading them ahead of time. Not to mention that it seems you do not cache your new generated icons in your game and thus massively waste resources.

Gaboswsttj wrote:
Actually, it has finally been added to the waiting list, and it will be added in one of the next updates.

If you're talking about the feature request by Falacy, I wouldn't hold my breath, given Lummox JR's reply. I do not know where you read that it would be added in 'one of the next updates'.
Page: 1 2