ID:604246

BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 11.0
Applies to:Website

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Aside from the clock setting on the website failing to begin with, it apparently doesn't automatically change for daylights savings, or even have an option to adjust it for such. I had to set it to an incorrect timezone to get the proper time to show up on forum posts.
Perhaps you could elaborate. I don't see what's wrong with the clock setting method; it might be nice to display the expected time with each time zone, but there seems to be no other issue there.

As for the clock not adjusting to daylight savings, I guess that depends on what time zone you're in. In EST it adjusted just dandy for me, but perhaps yours did not. I see you're currently set to a miscellaneous "GMT + 4" which basically would put you 12 hours ahead of US Pacific standard time (not daylight time).
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Perhaps you could elaborate. I don't see what's wrong with the clock setting method; it might be nice to display the expected time with each time zone, but there seems to be no other issue there.

It should set automatically, or at least be in a better place, like with the time display on forum posts. There seems to be a lot more timezone options on the list than actually exist, and none of them use standard naming (like EST). Also, the America/ section of the list seems like it might actually be referring to South America, while the US section is all the way at the bottom. (I have changed mine to US/Eastern, which seems to match)
In response to Falacy
Since US/Pacific is the default, I think users will already be in that place as a rule, but I understand this could be improved. Many sites put the US at the top of any country list for instance, so this wouldn't be that unusual.

Setting automatically is a trickier issue, but something I could look into; that however would be more in the realm of a feature request. This appears to be a non-bug anyway, so I'll move it.
You can use javascript to get the client's current time, compare it to the server time and set an offset based on that. It's the method a lot of systems use to auto-detect offsets and assign timezones. After that you let the user select the timezone (in case it's not correct for some reason or they have their own preference) with the obtained value as the default.