ID:6140

obviously you're an idiot if you think i am saying that animals suck. i said "they suck", and obviously "they" refers to "people that make stupid posts on their blogs about cruelty to animals, and they care so much that they spend about three seconds writing the post." those people do indeed suck.

since i was banned from zeen's blog, i'll have to explain it here, i guess.

i said "i have six cats. i don't live in the same house as them, so i don't see them often. but the next time i see one of them, i'm going to kick it sooo hard."

and you thought i meant that i was going to kick one of my cats. you idiots! i never said that. in fact, i was not referring to my cats, i was referring to chinese people that mistreat animals. you see, i don't live in the same house as chinese people that mistreat animals, but the next time i see one of those chinese people that mistreats animals, i am going to kick that chinese person who mistreats animals. but its so much easier to just say "them" and "it" than to type out what i actually mean. see how confusing it can be when someone uses pronouns to refer to something that they haven't ever stated in their post?

when you read something that you wrote, you tend to not just read what you wrote, but also what you meant to write. you can say something that could be considered horribly racist, but if you didn't mean it that way then you wouldn't read it that way. when you read something that someone else wrote, you don't know what they meant to say, so if it sounds like they might be saying something that offends you, then you'll be offended by it. you wouldn't be offended by horrible generalizations about chinese people, so you wouldn't read your post as being a horrible generalization about chinese people.
No, you mean that animals suck and that you want to hit cats. Stop whining about other people's grammar and then using bad comparative examples. U R LIEK TEH NUBZORZ LOLZ UR MOM STFU!!!!11
This is quite possibly the greatest concentration of idiocy I have ever read.

I can think of one thing that goes against your little idea of people "misunderstanding" what you wrote, with your own example of "animals. They suck".

Let's take out the word animals for a second. You're now left with "they suck". Who sucks? You don't give any other target so nobody has any idea who "they" are. However, you decided to put "animals" there, which is more descriptive than the word "they" by itself. Therefore, "animals suck".

It's quite a leap in logic to insist that other people are misunderstanding you when you type something that appears quite clear, only to back up and argue semantics. I really hope you were just joking with this.
Onefishdown is trying to say that it's stupid to do this kind of thing, because Zeen18 did it. But really, his post was at least 5 times as unclear as hers.
I think you're missing the point. The point being that the same leap of understanding OFD is making you take is the one that Zeen tried to make people take in the blog post she made.

Or something.
Hmm...checked out her post, and wow. It is awkward, but it still didn't take much effort at all to get an idea of what was meant. "What China does to cats and dogs disgusts me".

Every "they" that comes off as an aggressor is replaced with China, and every victim is replaced with cats. Would anyone actually believe "Cats lock up Chinese in very crammed cages all together?".

If I'm still missing the point, could you summaraize it? There's no way in hell that I'm going to read a 100+ comment bitchfest.
It boils down to Garthor finding a loophole in the text and exploiting it, Zeen ignores what is trying to be said and reacts stupidly. Much stupidity follows.
I think it's down to her ambigious use of the word 'they' as a catch-all for the nation of China and it's inhabitants.
Omg, how can that be considered the same? You put the word animals and they suck together. So its quite clear you think animals suck, I put "What China does to animals digusts me", thats way more clearer and understandable. The others have pointed out your obvious idiotic mistakes.

Yes I might have reacted stupidly in the animal cruelty post, I tend to do that when someone misunderstands me and then calls me racist or says it in a rude uncalled for way.

Honestly, its like people look at slight details and use them against you.

I even said 100 times after that I didn't mean all of China or all Chinese people. That's why I said people need to read my posts.
I'm not gonna pretend to know the thread inside-out. But it appears, at least when I was concerned, that you just ignored what people were saying which lead to them responding in kind.
No I never ignored anyone.. Atleast I don't think I did. I replied to everything people said to me. And even if I didn't reply to every exact thing, I mentioned many times what I meant. Might not have been in the best way, but people knew what I meant. These guys just take it too extremes.
You're right Zeen18, what you said was entirely and 100% clear:

You said that you believe China, as a country, mistreats animals, and you hate it -- China and, presumably, all its people -- for those mistreatments. Crystal clear, you narrow-minded racist bitch.
Go back to school and learn to read you stupid little American idiot.
Right, just to prove how stupid you lot are. I've found out how many times I said "I did not mean all the people from China." And yes, you don't need to be sarcastic. I was 100% clear in the replies, just not on the blog itself.

1. Never said that, I never catergorize people. And I don't know enough about China.

2. What? I never said all Chinese people kill cats and dogs.

3. When did I blame China for [b]all[/b] animal abuse?

4. It's so annoying when people assume I mean ALL people. Well I don't ok? Its easier than typing "Some people in China"

5. When did I say I hate China and everyone in it?? I said MANY times that I don't, and that I know not all Chinese people are doing these things.

6. You tell me where I said I hated China. I never said that.

7. And if your too stupid enough to believe I meant all people in China do this, and that I dislike China as a whole. Then your the one with the problem because I have stated afterwards I did not mean that.

8. I've quite clearly said I do NOT MEAN ALL PEOPLE in China.

8 BLOODY TIMES! PMSL
Ho ho ho! More racism! Racism for everybody!

I know how to read. You just need to learn how to write.
..... not again. Don't bother arguing you guys. Garthor is stubborn as hell.
It's quite a leap in logic to insist that other people are misunderstanding you when you type something that appears quite clear, only to back up and argue semantics. I really hope you were just joking with this.

sarm, indeed i am. this is the same thing that zeen did on her blog, then got bent out of shape when i pointed out the ambiguous references.

You said that you believe China, as a country, mistreats animals, and you hate it -- China and, presumably, all its people -- for those mistreatments. Crystal clear, you narrow-minded racist bitch.

yes, that's pretty much how it looks. i'm fairly certain that's not how you meant it, but that is exactly the point. people will not interpret things as you mean them, they will interpret it as you wrote it. you clarified yourself in your blog's comments, but not many people who are offended by your post will read through more than 100 comments to see if you corrected yourself.

zeen, you have been far more rude than anyone here has been to you. go look at how many times you've called people names, how many times people have called you names, how many times you have complained about it, and how many times other people have complained about it. there is quite a double standard here.
I'm only stubborn when the other person can't field an argument better than "shut up."
I don't know how to write? If I don't know how to write then how would anyone find my blog post racist?

And I've only ever said something mean when someone has said something mean to me, so don't pull that one on me.

Garthor acts smart but inside hes an idiot. You point me to a post where I only said "shut up", I actually bothered to try and clear things up by making many posts. And yet you still go on about it.

Ohhhh "China is going from bad to worse" how can that honestly offend anyone? If someone said my country was going from bad to worse, I wouldn't bloody care. Because at times it does. And if there were good reasons for someone to say that, then I definatly wouldn't be offended.

Again, this post is nothing like how I worded mine. Everyone else can see that.

Now run along.
I still don't understand why any of you cared enough about the matter to get worked up over it... It was plainly clear to me what was intended by what was written... No, it is not 100% semantically correct, but with just a little bit of common sense, the meaning was blatantly obvious...

So why bother with attacking the literal meaning of the words when the real meaning is rather easy to pick out?

Don't give me any of that "then you should always say exactly what you mean" bullcrap... No one ever does that... No one... Ever...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7