And again, in the case of printed news, the connection is obvious: we buy papers/magazines, and they make more money...

In the case of TV news, their money comes from us indirectly... We watch, they get higher ratings, which gets them more sponsors, which gets them more money (of course, we pay the sponsors by buying their products, so essentially, our money eventually goes to pay the news people), but yeah...

Either way, news is a product that they sell to us to get more cash...
Who actually wins this arguement?
No one... I don't think we're really arguing...lol
there is a difference between being hostile and disagreeing. its silly to interpret all disagreements as being hostile. and its silly to assume that all disagreements are as hostile as the most hostile of the bunch. and that's essentially your justification. one person was rude to you, so you can be rude to "us". "us" being anyone that ever disagreed.

is it an insult to call someone narrow-minded if they are? if you have an uneducated opinion, is it an insult to say that your opinion is uneducated?

zeen, you say that we should have stopped saying anything once you clarified yourself. however, you never seemed to understand why it was that your post needed clarification. that is why the issue wasn't over when you wanted it to be over.

you made it seem like it was no big deal that you might have offended a billion people, because they should understand what you meant. you got upset when i said i was going to kick my cat, even though that's not what i meant. it was completely justified for you to get upset there because you only know what i wrote, not what i meant. and, when you read something, you have to assume to some degree that the author means what they say.

the problem isn't specifically what you said or what you meant, but that you never seemed to understand the importance of saying what you mean. if you got so upset and pursued this issue this far, it seems to be of some importance to you that people understand what you mean. if you want people to know what you mean, then you have to write what you mean. we can only read things that you write, so if you don't write what you mean, we wouldn't be able to know what you mean.
Yes I do understand, I understood ages ago.

How many times can one person say the word "you"?

I'm not going to bother to repeat myself further. This is getting even more stupid.
you never said anything that would indicate understanding. i suppose that's what you meant to say, though.
How about saying "I understand"? ...
That doesn't indicate understanding any more than writing in "I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION" on a test will get you a good grade.
Oh yeah? Then how else am I going to show understanding on the bloody internet? This isn't about having a definate right or wrong answer. I've said I understood, theres nothing else I can say. I've deleted what might offend people on that post, and thats all I can do.
Then how else am I going to show understanding on the bloody internet?

this isn't just something limited to "the bloody internet", as garthor mentioned in his example of a question on a test. writing "I know the answer" doesn't show that you know the answer, and wouldn't get you a very good grade. if you wrote out the answer to the question, that would show that you know the answer.

and its not strictly about showing an understanding, but also about not showing a misunderstanding. for example, if someone said that they understand addition, you'd probably believe them. addition is rather simple, so its common for people to understand it. however, if that same person repeatedly messed up addition problems, wouldn't you question their claim of "understanding addition"? if they never messed up addition problems, you wouldn't have much of a reason to doubt them. by not messing up addition problems, they would show their understanding.
This isn't about grades, this isn't about additions.
those were examples about understanding, and how you would show that you understand. you can't understand the situation here, so we present similiar situations as examples which might make the ideas easier to see.
You never actually told me how I could have shown I understood though.

This got boring ages ago...
if you don't know how to show that you understand, then i don't think that you do understand. which is fine, i don't understand everything either, but i don't claim to.
Yes I do know, I said I understood. I removed anything that might have caused offense.

You, don't know what to say now.
Except you didn't.

Stop lying.
Except I didn't what? I'm not going to delete the whole topic, I deleted what was pointed out which may have caused offense.
This is funny. >_>

This is like watching a Punching Bag get beat down. =(
Sorry, Zeen, but more than just the last little bit of your post was offensive, and that has been pointed out many, many, many, many times. You really don't understand why, though, do you?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7