ID:61752

Seeing as the supply of ZWD is over ZW$900 Quadrillion (that's ZW$900,000,000,000,000,000, which, suppose magically ZW$1 = US$1, is over 80,000 times the current US national debt), I doubt those ZWD figures are accurate. I certainly wouldn't trade by them anyway :-P.
As a side note, my eyes actually started watering when I saw the total ZWD supply.

Numbers from wikipedia.
Technically, depending on how the wording is, what they are asking is potentially not illegal.

Naruto Eternity is a good example. They are not asking you to donate to the game, nor are they making it any sort of requirement, or even giving you unfair advantage.
They are asking for you to donate so they can get a server so they can host the game. This is NOT illegal, it does not matter how original your game is, what sort of game it is, or even if you have a game or not, as long as you are only asking for people to donate so that you can purchase a server/hosting, it is not illegal.

Another example of how it could be legal to actually charge someone to play a fangame is not by saying "this is a pay to play game", but by saying "to play this game, you have to purchase bandwidth from my server to do so".

Provided the statements are true, and any money donated goes to a server, or in the second case, they own/are paying for hosting and the money go towards paying for this. What they are doing is simply not illegal.

It might sound crazy, but provided you use the correct wording, this like this are potentially not illegal.
I think it be better to give him 1 shilling. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Least_valued_currency_unit
The Magic Man wrote:
Naruto Eternity is a good example. They are not asking you to donate to the game, nor are they making it any sort of requirement, or even giving you unfair advantage.
They are asking for you to donate so they can get a server so they can host the game. This is NOT illegal, it does not matter how original your game is, what sort of game it is, or even if you have a game or not, as long as you are only asking for people to donate so that you can purchase a server/hosting, it is not illegal.
It might sound crazy, but provided you use the correct wording, this like this are potentially not illegal.

Aye, that is true to the topic on hand.
Not that anyone is interested, but the Somalian Shilling might be worth investing in. While the civil war is ongoing, the new Transitional Government actually has a chance of doing something more than protecting the backs and food plates of the previous "elected" parliamentarians.
Good point, but at the same time, how can you really prove people are using the donations to fund their servers? What they should realistically do is have people pay for server time, not just blindly donate money to them. BYOND shouldn't allow these sort of transactions unless there is a good way to trace where it is actually going.

A good example is back when Hant and I were running Majins and Mystics Remastered, a person donated over $500 to us to pay for servers, we were actually able to spend a little more then half of that total amount to pay for a year of server hosting. After that, I don't know where the rest of the money went. Ask Hant.
In other-news, the Vietnamese "dong" is entirely worthless.

Haha.. double entendre
so how many sets will u add to the tcg game? and will you make it with a story? Maybe after the "Great Rocket Dan" attack? Or maybe instead of TCG2's plot you make your own "Great Rocket Dan" story?
also I doubt it means much to u but 1 Japanese yen = 0.009953 U.S. dollars
sorry for triple post but.... $1.00ZWD=$0.00414USD not 1
If you're referring to my post, that's why I put 'suppose magically' rather than 'just like in real life'.
And if you were in Zimbabwe and you found USD prices like that you'd be either laughing or highly suspicious because Z$100 Billion buys 3 eggs - where do you know of in the US that charges US$818,000,000 for half a dozen eggs?
Actually, the illegal act is hosting the game in the first place. Taking donations doesn't make it any more illegal. But it does prompt companies to take action.
Aye, true, true DB.

And Mattwo, I have another version of PTCG in the works (this one uses HUD based graphics for battles instead of interface grids (because it's much more sexier) but I do not know when I'll get around to advancing that to the point of finishing the WotC series made with school and all >_<

I was planning to have the RP mode of the game follow pretty much how pokemon red/blue was... with card battles instead of animal abuse! (And have TR do more then stealing cards...)
Also, thank you so much for letting us know these people are asking for money, you are the hero of BYOND and I am sure we will all be much better off because of you and your heroism.

Being cereal now, find something else to do.
Trosh, you are forgetting to closing your sarcasm tag.

I do have something else to do, studying for my finals >_< This post was made yesterday morning when I was procrastinating, such as I am right now.
Your mom uses paypal!
The Overlord wrote:
Your mom uses paypal!

i thought u died...

either way u fail
TAC0_MAST3R wrote:
The Overlord wrote:
Your mom uses paypal!

i thought u died...

either way u fail

wut u up to, o i dun 1nt to cybear wit u k? i is g@@d personz nao. kthxbai
The Overlord wrote: