ID:62060

New Layout
First, I'm working on a new blog layout, as you can see. It's not finished, yet. I'd like to thank the people I appropriated CSS from, so, if you see any likeness between mine and one you've made, thank you. If anyone knows how to fix the evil IE bug where the image doesn't stretch to the bottom of the page tell me, please. Otherwise, if you're using IE, get a decent browser (option 1, option 2). The CSS is a WIP but comment on it if you please.

Gaming Domain Efencea Tournament
Second, I'd just like to thank the Gaming Domain guild for hosting an Efencea Tournament. Registration is closed as all 12 slots are filled but if you happen to want more information you'll have to read their blog. The Efencea team is working double-time to get a spiffy new version out before the day of the tourney--April 20th last I knew, (Gaming Domain, confirm the date if you read this).

Other Events
We've also recently been contacted about a second tournament that is scheduled for mid-may. That's about all the information I have on that one. Oh, and there may be a second special event in the waiting next month, if we can get Efencea up to specs.

Icon Utility plans
Although, I fully intend to expand on the icon utility(Post II, Post I) project, I won't be making anymore updates to it during the next month. At least until after the mid-may tournament since we'd like to have another version past the April 20th version finished by then. As for the updates I intend to make, I'd like to "win the hearts of all of us pixel artists" - Pmitch [slight edit], by adding multi-tiled frame support. Eventually, I may tinker with a fancy icon editor. I envision the photoshop of BYOND, BYONDoshop maybe, that would make heavy use of Lummox's IconProcs library. That's a ways down the road, though, and BYOND might not be capable of what I'm imagining.

Tayoko, he's awesome
Yup. No supporting evidence required.
You silly CSS ripper :P
It's the way of BYOND, so much so, that my CSS is a rip. XD
[edit] Highly edited, I might add.
Good luck, I hope to see some updates. It'd be even more awesome if you made the program run DM independant, perhaps written in some sort of C langauge (C, C#, C++) or something. Would make it win a lot more hearts ;)
Haywire wrote:
Good luck, I hope to see some updates. It'd be even more awesome if you made the program run DM independant, perhaps written in some sort of C langauge (C, C#, C++) or something. Would make it win a lot more hearts ;)

I assumed that was part of that python project I saw awhile back, so I figured I would put together a quickie.
I have a feeling a lot of people will wet their pants with the coming Efencea upates.

Tayoko, he's awesome
Yup. No supporting evidence required.

<3
The project I mentioned: Icon reader/writer
Affirmitive, the brackets and tournament will be ready April 20th. At the moment the only thing we need to finish is the brackets, and we're ready to lock-and-load!
GamingDomain wrote:
Affirmitive, the brackets and tournament will be ready April 20th. At the moment the only thing we need to finish is the brackets, and we're ready to lock-and-load!

The brackets, and the new version of Efencea ;). ~11 Days to get it done.
You forgot option 3.
DivineTraveller wrote:
You forgot option 3.

I've never used it so I can't rightly suggest it to anyone. :( boo me.

DarrylX wrote:
http://www.byond.com/members/fatevamp

Bwaha. Good one!
I think I'd like your CSS more if you did something like maybe a diagonal interlace in the text area here (although it would probably look horrid on my less-than-new LCD). I'm thinking that a stronger contrast between the text and the menu would help to differentiate things a bit.