OrangeWeapons wrote:
Kaimana wrote:
What would you do if somebody made a BYOND Key named Lummox JR JR?

He probably wouldn't respond to this comment. :P

I noticed that last month.
You need to get your ass in gear and start making us some money.
Nothing in the bank account yet.
I could help you guys XD
Sayaotonashis wrote:
I could help you guys XD

You're hilarious
So any word on when the Cartridge Classic II results will be released?
Whats your msn.? i have some questions for you about the SwapMaps library...
Yes, what is your MSN ;o I'm just curious .
For the record, I truly loathe when people ask what's your [insert popular program/site ID here] with the automatic assumption I use [program/site] at all.
Hm odd.
Lummox, it's Zetaiva, the one in which posts have been blocked from the front page due to leak/spam. Well, if you'd kindly remove the blockage of my posts I'll assure no more of my prejudicial actions. Thank you.
When are Cartridge Classic entries being judged?
A request: Please judge the cartridge classic entries by the end of 2011. =)
Hey there!

I'm trying to make a game similar to Incursion, and I've noticed that the 'borders' between 'territories' look amazing and randomized and straight up beautiful.

I don't see how to change from a standard 'autojoin' look to something similar to what is seen on Incursion.

If you could, maybe, write an article about it, or just give me a general idea of how it was accomplished somehow, I'd be thankful.

Keep up the good work on BYOND!
In response to Gooseheaded
Incursion takes a pretty simplistic approach to the borders.

Each tile is broken into 16x16-pixel subtiles (Incursion was designed prior to the new icon size stuff), and each potential grid intersection (offset from the subtile proper by 8 pixels diagonally) has bitflags indicating which parts belong to which territories. Essentially, a T-junction intersection can be three icons: One for the territory on one side, and one each for the ones in each corner.

Bit 0: Territory in NE
Bit 1: Territory in SE
Bit 2: Territory in SW
Bit 3: Territory in NW
Bits 4-5: Style (0-2)

Basically if any of the bits 0-3 are empty, the territory in that section belongs to whatever nearest bit was set counterclockwise. E.g., 5 means NE and SE are the same (bit 0 on, bit 1 off) and SW and NW are the same (bit 2 on, bit 2 off), so it's a vertical divider. The style number allows for one of three different graphic styles to be chosen at random. A non-intersection, belonging to all one territory, is always 0.

The icon format is [N].[B] or [N].b[B]. The number N is described above, but B is a number from 0-3 representing one of the bits, starting clockwise from NW rather than NE because apparently I did not think the system through well the first time. This says which of the territories this icon state belongs to; E.g., 5.0 means we're dealing with the territory that belongs to the northwest corner of a vertical divide. The lowercase b means this icon is a border icon, and has special highlighting.

There are some things I don't like about this format: It is still too blocky, and the icons only come in three limited flavors each. A more organic approach is possible now.

When Incursion starts up, it takes the icon file and does dome operations on it to create missing states (e.g., it does some rotations), then it does shifts so it has icons that are easier to work with in the 32x32 realm without using pixel offsets--because it was first written before pixel offsets. Territory icons are built as combinations of icon operations so that each should contain the exact states needed to show the territory, and Insert() is used so it can all be kept in a nice tight package.
150th fan heu heu
For those without an Amazon account that are too lazy to make one but wish to purchase your e-books, can it be sent through PayPal?
In response to Writing A New One
Writing A New One wrote:
For those without an Amazon account that are too lazy to make one but wish to purchase your e-books, can it be sent through PayPal?

Amazon doesn't take PayPal. You'd need to create an account. However if you don't have a credit card to link up, all is not lost; Amazon lets you link a bank account for e-check payment, or you can visit any Coinstar and get a gift card for your change. (Coinstar doesn't charge a fee when you use it to get a gift card.)
Any plans on re-uploading Incursion for playability?
Congratulations on being a new Owner of Byond...

All Hail Lummox JR.
Page: 1 2 3 4