Wurms 3

by LXShadow
Wurms 3
The redone version of Wurms 3.
ID:62943

NOTE: In order to host, you must have BYOND 3.5 or later.

How to Play Normal Mode: Well, of course, you'd need to login to play. Once you login, you will find yourself in your base. Your base is where you can change your wurm (you) to a different type of wurm, with different verbs and different looks. To change your wurm, walk on one of the small objects in your base. Once you've done that (if you didn't stand on the apple, which can restore your health instead), you will probably have a new verb tab named "Special". This is where your wurm's unique verbs are kept (well, some wurms share verbs, but anyway...). Most of the wurms' "unique" verbs do something in front of you, while others can do things behind you. Experiment with the wurms a bit, then move on to teaming up, and hopefully winning.

Alright, so by now you should have tested out at least some of the other wurms and are ready to know exactly how to win. Use the Team Say to talk to your team. Yes, you're in a team, and you must work with your teammates in order to win (well, most of the time anyway). The teams are the Red Team and the Blue Team. There's nothing special about any of the different teams, so it's all fair. Now for the good part: How to win! You will find a yellow hat object in your base on every map. The yellow hat is what type of wurm you should be for collecting up score. Now, first you should do a bit of digging with the pick-axe. You should end up seeing small pieces of those valuable thingies... These are called "offerings". Don't stop digging though! What you're trying to do at the moment by digging is to get to your "Offering Area". Your Offering Area is a small area which contains grey ring-like objects in the ground. These are called "Offering Targets". Once you've found some of these, look for a flag nearby. If the flag is the same colour as your team's colour, then this Offering Area is yours. Now, go back to your base and walk onto the yellow hat to change into the Worker Wurm. You should've found some offerings from all of that digging a few minutes or less ago. These are your score. Walk onto an offering (their types are diamond, sapphire, gold and silver, each worth different amounts of score), and use the Load verb to pick it up. You may only hold one offering at a time. Now, after you've picked it up, take it over to your Offering Area that you found a while back. Then, drop it on one of the Offering Targets in your Offering Area (make sure it's not your opponents' one!) with the Unload verb, and your team's score will increase. Picking it up again will cause it to decrease. This means that your enemy could try to steal your team's offerings, so be careful! Now, continue doing this with all offerings you can pick up. You can have more than one Offering on one Offering Target, so you'll never run out of space for score. Once the timer (the timer chooses when the game will end) runs out, the team with the most offerings wins! Now you know how to play. Have fun, and good luck!

Updates:

Update on 22/03/08:

New map: Map 14 is a Night-Time Mode map filled with acid.

Bugfix: Red healthbars appeared blue (oops!).

Bugfix: One could cover up all items in their base with walls.

Bugfix: Many moving objects could be blocked by fuses.

Update on 06/12/07:

Bugfix: Offerings weren't counted as objects by the game.

Bugfix: There was a testing verb that I forgot to remove. Whoops! (For those who were wondering, it counted the amount of objects it found in the game, which helped me fix the bug above.)

New map: Map 13. This is a Night-Time Mode Snow-type map, with the Offering Areas being right next to their bases. Yay?

New mode: Night-Time Mode. I managed to gain control over the brightness of the game icons, and the speed, at the same time, and returned Night-Time Mode to the game. This mode only affects certain maps (including Map 13, in case you weren't concentrating), and basically makes the level darker. Hosts can disable this usually automatic mode whenever they want to.

Update on 02/12/07:

Boulder-Controlling Wurm Upgrade: Can now move all Boulders in the current map again.

Bugfix: Walls that were built on bridges floated on water if a bridge was destroyed under it. (I ignored deleting walls on water at first because there used to be no way to destroy a bridge under a wall without destroying the wall, but it became possible once the bridge-destroying range of the bombs were increased at one point, without the wall-destroying one.)

Misc. updates: The game now runs at a more steady speed. This is what let me re-upgrade the Boulder-Controlling Wurm, which I didn't really want to downgrade in the first place, anyway.

Update on 28/11/07:

Rename: The game has been renamed to simply "Wurms 3", since it was redone over a year ago now.

Misc. updates: Many icons have been changed slightly (including the ground icon itself), less wurms can use their items inside their base, and a slight glitch was fixed in some of the HTML.

Bomber Wurm Downgrade: The Kamikaze now has a shorter range. (It's not that bad, though. Honest!)

New Emote (what?): The "Hurry Up" Emote has been added.

Update on 20/11/07:

New verb: The Browser Scores verb lets you enable or disable Browser Scores. (It still won't let you use Browser Scores in BYOND 4.0, though. Sorry.)

Icon Updates: The Firework icon had a slight update, along with the Carrier Wurm, the Bomb icon, the Fuse Bomb icon, the Book icons, and the Bridge-Building Wurm.

Firework-Throwing Wurm Downgrade: The fireworks now have a smaller explosive area, and have a lower re-fire rate.

Ice-Throwing Wurm Upgrade: It now only needs half as much ice to freeze someone than previously.

Attack Upgrade: Normal attacks now do twice as much damage.

Sniper Wurm Downgrade: Sniping now has a lower re-fire rate.

Bugfix: If you were to somehow not be allowed to move while you're frozen, you could sometimes move around after being unfrozen. (I should have used a separate variable in the first place!)

Update on 17/11/07:

Graphics: Some (quite a few) have been modified, including the Fireworks and the Fuse Bombs.

Dummy Upgrade: Dummies will explode automatically shortly after finding an enemy next to it.

Telekinesis Wurm Downgrade: Can no longer move Offerings (it was a bit powerful, wasn't it?).

Capture the Flag Mode: ... Has been removed. Sorry.

Magnets Upgrade: They are now about twice as fast as they were previously.

Boulder-Controlling Wurm Downgrade: Can only control Boulders that are in-view.

Update on 04/04/07:

Description: It has been a while (about 30% of a year), but I have decided to update this game again (although not often. Oh well).

New Game Mode: Capture the Flag.

Removed wurms: The Metallic Wurm, and the Disguising Wurm. These wurms were never really used in the game often.

Removed "feature": The option to enable or disable Browser Scores. It isn't needed now, as the game no longer fills up the user's BYOND cache. (Or, er, maybe it was, because it was re-added in the 20/11/07 update... Oops.)

Removed feature: The radar. It slowed the game down, and it made a few other things useless.

Added feature: (For hosts only.) You can now choose which maps the game can automatically change the map to at the end of a round, and what it can not.

Added useless "feature": If a bridge is destroyed while somebody is standing on it, they play a different "I am dead now, aww..." state.

New maps: A very simple Capture the Flag map, and the first one.

Update on 09/12/06:

Idiotic fix #2.57261: The bugs have really been fixed now. At least, I think so. I'm not that interested in updating this game at around this time.

Update on 04/12/06:

Idiotic fix: LXShadow forgot to upload the last update.

Update on 03/12/06:

Bugfix: Using Astral Projection while the map was being changed would cause you to lose your sight.

Bugfix: Rebooting showed some HTML bugs. A lot of them, actually.

Hub bugfix: Whoops, forgot the colon last time.

Update on 30/11/06:

New wurms: The Metallic Wurm. This wurm can reflect projectiles, and basically reverse most things that happen to it. For example, if a magnet were to repel it, it will repel itself. If an enemy snipes this wurm, the enemy will snipe him or herself. (Pushing will probably be done by the next update.)

Bugfix: Walls could be built on water.

Misc. update: The old Emote verb. Yay for being able to think now!

Update on 27/11/06 - Three months after the last update:

New maps: Maps nine to eleven. One of them was taken from the original Wurms 3, with slight modifications.

New wurms: The Ice Control Wurm. This wurm can slowly freeze another wurm by throwing ice it. Throwing ten pieces of ice at the other wurm without it moving will freeze it for a second.

Dummy "Upgrade": Will no longer act in any way other than self-destructing when attacked.

Misc. updates: Many maps have been changed slightly. Some changes I can remember: Amount of Offering Targets in Map 1, and the amount of wurm types in Map 2 increasing, as Custom Wurms have been removed.

Update on 27/08/06:

Mining Wurm Upgrade: Can now Fill on bridges.

Spy Wurm Upgrade: Can now Glue on Bridges.

Bugfix: Mining Wurm could build Walls on water.

Update on 14/08/06:

Description: Bleepit, I forgot everything I did except for one thing, but that thing's secret! Anyway, yay, I reached version 1.0! Although the game is no longer Beta, it'll still be updated.

Unfinished Updates on 06/08/06:

Description: No description... Just a few updates again.

Bugfix: A bug that lets you carry a wurm while it's using Astral Projection has been fixed.

Bugfix: A bug that lets you carry wurms without being the Carrier Wurm has been fixed.

Bugfix: A bug that causes a Sniper Reticle to stay on the map when its owner has left has been fixed.

Bugfix: A bug that causes someone who is "meditating" (using Astral Projection) to lose their sight when the world restarts or the map gets changed has been fixed.

Small Bugfix: A small bug that causes the Carrier Wurm to be in its carrying state when the person who's being carried uses the Get Off verb.

Icon Upgrades: Blue and Red Base Defences, Telekinesis Book, Book, Disguise, Fuses, Boulder Controller, Catapult, Bucket, Carrier Wurm (all states).

Dummy-Laying Wurm Upgrade: Dummies now do different things, depending on their icon state. It's amazingly overpowered now!

Psychic Wurm Upgrade: You can now move offerings, as long as they aren't on an Offering Target and as long as the place you move them isn't an Offering Target.

Unfinished Update on 05/08/06:

Description: Well, I decided to speed up a bit with this game, so I've made this update a bit bigger than normal, adding more misc. updates than any other time.

New maps: Map 7, this map is one of the weirdest maps in the game that'll confuse you on your first try (well, hopefully, at least!).

Misc. updates: Mad Mode and Steal the Offering Mode have been removed from the game, leaving the original mode alone. The Load Wurm verb has been disabled for a bit, I don't know when or if it'll ever come back. Now for the good part. Seeing the game's current scores is now much easier, as you can now use Browser-Scores mode! Browser-Scores automatically updates the scores whenever they're changed, and now shows what last happened to the offerings. This mode is automatically turned on, but any player can disable theirs by using the Browser Scores verb (no dash this time).

Update on 05/07/06:

Description: The horrible glitches with the new wurm have now been fixed. That's it.

Update on 30/06/06:

Description: Well, I did this update quite slowly, so I forgot most of the new features. The reason I was so slow is because I'm busy working on many more games, most being unreleased games, and haven't had the time to update Wurms 3: Redone. Unfortunately this will continue to happen until it gets to the point where Wurms 3: Redone will no longer be updated. Post some ideas on the forums to keep it going, I have completely run out of mine.

New wurms: The Unknown Wurm, this wurm puts you in the "Purple Team", and renames you "Unknown". This wurm is great for working with other teams and then turning against them! This wurm will probably get used a lot.

Update on 25/05/06:

Icon Upgrades: Book, Telekinesis Book, Carrier Wurm (all states).

Radar Upgrade: Radar will now only see players and Boulders near you instead of on the whole map.

Bugfix: Carrier Wurm now works properly.

Update on 19/05/06:

New maps: Map 6, has a mix between water and ground, and also has every wurm in the game!

New wurms: Sniper Wurm, can aim at wurms and "Shoot 'em Down"!

Bugfix: Random stuff here and there.

Update on 11/05/06:

Bugfix: Downloaded versions didn't let Healthbars show.

Updates on 10/05/06:

New wurms: Boulder-Controlling Wurm, can change the direction of (NPC) Boulders by walking.

Bugfix: Dying while laying a Fuse would let you move about with no density.

Psychic Wurm Upgrade: Can now move Boulders about freely.

Misc. update: Game can now be hosted.