Descriptive Problem Summary:
As far as I can remember back in 493 I never had this problem: when messing with a browser control sometimes the focus is reset to the input element of the skin.
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Download this source code and put it somewhere on your system.
2. Goto config/admins.txt and give yourself "Game Master" access.
3. Host the game with DreamDaemon (it does not have to be hosted publicly) and connect to it.
4. The game will take some time to load. Once geometry has finished processing click the "Declare Ready" button.
5. You can use the "edit ticker variables" verb to modify a global datum. Set it's "pregame_timeleft" to "1" to start the game early.
6. Use the "game panel" verb. It will bring up a browser window. Click "create object".
8. After this the screen inexplicably sets focus to the input element even when you do nothing but type in the browser screen. If you type "effect" then it might put the first two letters ("ef") in the <input> element of the browser and the remainder ("fect") in the input element of the skin.
I hope I've been clear enough in its reproduction. If I wasn't, I'll elaborate with a screenshot.
The focus is inadvertently reset to the main skin, making the process of filtering to a specific type even more tedious.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?
When does the problem NOT occur?
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
To the best of my knowledge it did not occur in 493. In 493 if you start typing something in the field it will still freeze the browser control but it won't reset the focus unless you click outside of the browser element.
I could go back to 493, but I'd be missing out on the fix for the mousewheel (great job by the way!) that is probably causing this issue (which is much less of an annoyance than the mousewheel issue was, so again thanks).
Apr 7 2012, 11:57 pm