War Brothers

by Cubanbling
War Brothers
Medieval Game
ID:646031

Applies to:War Brothers

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
The game begins quite epicly. I like that.
However after playing the game a bit it seems rushed.

This is just a small review of the game and also a small feature request(s).

I think the beginning was great, however leaving slavement could be more of a tutorial thing. For instance instead of just doing that one quest you could do a series of quests that tell you about how to play the game, use magic,weapons,etc.

I also realize that you are sold into slavery, but starting off naked is a bit..harsh.. lol.

Is there anyway you could give the player a starting weapon and some rags? Like a stick or something.

Also I found it rather...annoying to have to chase after bandits. Shouldn't they attack me? If they won't aggro please consider slowing down their random steps. They move so quickly, it's really hard to start a fight with one, it took me nearly 30 minutes to kill ten of them.

Also after being teleported out of the starting area there wasn't much to do. I wandered out into the desert and saw some level 15 beasts that were threatening the life of my level 3, naked noob char so I just wandered aimlessly.

A world map, or some npcs might aide allowing the player to find where they need to go.

Just a few ideas. I played for about 30-40 minutes and honestly all I did was kill about 30 bandits and walk around. I know the game is more than that, but it loses it's momentum within the first 10-15 minutes.

In all it seems like you have a great concept in place and it could do really well. I like the artwork as well as the combat system. I didn't get to try out any of the weapons or visit any gear shops, just potions but I'm looking forward to trying it out again. Great job thus far.

Most of this has been improved upon, if you any more suggestions please let me know.
Please make the subscriber benefits more balanced to be fair with those non-member players.
In response to Scyrus123
Scyrus123 wrote:
Please make the subscriber benefits more balanced to be fair with those non-member players.

There is nothing for subs that will tip the balance of gameplay, all classes are equally strong.
no I mean is.... wait try to play Rise of Pirates, the benefits gotten by the subs are just too great, that normal players can't get strong like them because of the Benefits like boost, 4000 Gold [gold there is very important]and some mounts...but those normal players stay too long infront of the computer without getting nowhere
No this game is not like that.
Example:
Sub 1: Level 1

Non-member 1: Level 170- Two months of training...

Sub 1: Level 170- 1 Week of training

Non-member 1: Level 172- Week of Training
well that's cool.... by the way I logged on a while ago, but I don't know how to choose a character lol
In response to Scyrus123
Scyrus123 wrote:
well that's cool.... by the way I logged on a while ago, but I don't know how to choose a character lol

You follow the storyline and cut-scenes and eventually you'll get to creating your character.
Yeah that's what I did. And There's those guys with armors and Im clicking one of them, I thought Id be choosing from one of them to be my character and its up to me to edit them. Isnt it right? But I love the graphics whoooo
By the way... please assign some gm's to guide us.
I still find it confusing sometimes. I feel the game lacks a way to tell what you need to do next. Perhaps you could add some details to quests like destinations and objectives.

Or add a event log that updates with major events so that the player can login and see what they did last and what they need to do next. Sort of like Oblivion's Journal.
Yeah I agree and can you please add some Slave-Master feature? Or Disciple-Master or Apprentice-Master, blablalbala call it what you want as long as there is the Master and disciple relationship.