Last of the Living

by Halloween14
Survive in a town that has been quarantined and abandoned.
There are certain ways to avoid bloater, but first you have to know how he's lookin like, for me he's lookin like old grampa witha red shirt lul. Well normal zombies have green shirt, crawlerz blue etc. If you can't see the diffrence about their shirt color, maybe you have problemz? Well, if you need gun, i have lots of spare's so i can give you one.
Turas i love u lol
Okay thanks... I guess? By any way Makeshift pistol is way OP, Sawblade slingshot is one hit kill n Double barrel shotgun, Mmm.
In response to Turas
There is always room for balancing in the future. For instance, all of the crafted projectiles receive a large damage increase depending on if the crafter's crafting level is 0 or 5. So things that may change is rof or reload speed but most likely all damages will stay the same, this is because, whether you use an auto shotty or the homemade shotty, you are still firing the same ammunition. Glad to hear some thoughts about the items.
Uhh, balancing. Well its pretty realistic that a shotgun is better than pistol. But i can't really take it into my mind, that the Makeshift Pistol is better than Makeshift doublebarrel.
You should make new recipes, cuz i don't have anything to unlock q.q
I do feel that there should be some alterations with the shotguns as well as the homemade pistol. I will most likely be dropping the chance of a head shot and increasing the reload time slightly - of course I am talking about the single shot homemade pistol and not the mag fed homemade one. As for the shotguns... they are shotguns and therefore do spread damage so the double barrel is still a beast when using it on groups - note that spread is 2 any zombie within 2 spaces from the zombie being shot and the spread damages are all the same. What I want to do is make it so the double barrel and auto do wide range while the pump and semi do small spread with greater spread damage. This just hasn't been done at all since I added spread and moved onto other features and kinda forgot.

Whew... that was a lot on a small subject XD
As for recipes, I have also put those on the burner for now since I have been working on story line and new enemies and overall challenges for players. Please, everybody feel free to suggest any craftable items and I would be glad to consider them... seriously, there is a doorknob flail and a sawblade slingshot. Anything that only uses materials that are already scavengable would be more likely to be added but if you have an idea for a couple of new items that require one new material will also be very likely. I may actually start a sticky post dedicated to user submissions for new items. Of course, if your suggestion is used I will make sure you get said recipe in game as well as you will be noted as the person that suggested it.

The only issue is if I start to work on a new item and then somebody suggests that item or something extremely similar - there have already been multiple times I have spoken to various players that suggest something that I have yet to get to or things that are already in that are not accessible yet or they just haven't seen it. That being said, if I ever use something suggested, I will make note of it.
Nail handcannon, Saw-inator(Wood nail sawblade), erm Makeshift Rifle n SMG, Spear, Javelin..
In response to Turas
kinda been thinking about bow n arrow. I can totally consider the rifle and I think I may do that. I have also had many people say nail gun before so I guess I will at least try it out and see if i could balance it. Thanks for the ideas ^-^
Nailgun pretty much like smg, but more ammo, less dmg.
In response to Turas
Exactly what I was thinking. Have it be a rare drop from tool boxes. And the stats I may use...

Nail gun:
damage = 30 (hits would be anywhere from 0-100 with this)
rof = 3 / maybe 4 (machine pistol is 2)
mag cap = 60 (which will also be the nail strip max stack)
But make it pretty inaccurate.
In response to Turas
thats why the damage is that way 0 damage shot is a miss
In response to Turas
So it may not seem like it in the game but for certain things I research if it is possible IRL. So the nail gun is actually going to be very different than what I had originally thought. Can't say that I knew much about nail guns before but now I realize that I had things mixed up. The stats I previously thought of would match a pneumatic nail gun (which wouldn't be viable in an apocalypse). I thought that there were nail guns that fire with a .22 powder cartridge that also had the same cap as the pneumatic but there aren't. So instead the stats will be extremely different.

Nail gun (semi auto):
damage = 20 (accuracy = 2 meaning 20% chance of one hit kill)
rof = 12 (pump rifle is 12)
mag cap = 10
ammo stack = 90 (recipe will be 90 nails, 3 gunpowder, and 1 scrap metal)

Will be very similar to the pump rifle's overall stats but will be easier to find as well as the ammo will be much more affordable.
now you should add beds to sleep in to heal and mayby if everyone sleeps skip to day
In response to Adamkad1
I've put plenty of thought into the whole in game sleeping and I have ruled it out entirely.
sleeping at apocalyse doesnt sound like good idea?
Not really x.X When I first though of how I would do it I wanted to make it so you could only sleep outside of safe houses where it is dangerous thus allowing bandits to kill you in your sleep XP
Don't even think about Adamkad sleeping idea, at this rate it would work as days grinder. At scoreboards: Player. Days Survived: 90
In response to Turas
Ha i would never make it so sleeping added to days survived XP
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6