ID:65242

The next public beta of Survival: TLE (being hosted tomorrow at 5 PM EST) is ripe with new features.

As the engine becomes more polished and fluid, we continue to enable and integrate features. An exciting crop of new additions awaits you:

Tabbed communication interface:

Combat! Beat on your fellow survivors

Gemstones and other special ores

Tailoring! Put some clothes on already!

Even more crafting projects!

We're hard at work, and Survival: TLE is nearing release every day. I'd like to send a big thanks to Yota - without his hard work and dedication, not only would the team be half the size ;) but I don't believe this release would be possible. Thanks, Yota!

If you haven't joined the beta fun, don't miss out. Earn your Beta Tester medal immediately!

Click here for info on the next beta.
Can I play?
Show up tomorrow at 5 PM EST and log right in - it's a completely open beta.
Gee willickers, really mister?!
That image. Is a work of art.

You just won an internet.

THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAA!!!
Excellent. The problem with all of this is, I'd love to participate, but I have track and field starting at 3PM PST until 6PM PST, so when I get home the beta server's down. D:
Man, I wish the beta was open for longer :(
Yeah I agree, I got in and in about 5 mins the server shut down. Makes me sad in the pants.
I love it when I see people using the BYOND interface with initiative and intuition. Fantastic work on that private message system. Now really impress me by allowing multiple people. =)
Just a friendly suggestion: Disallow killing other players, at least in some single area of the game; or for some period of time.

<-- Logged after dying 3 times, one of which you helped kill me in :s
Tiberath wrote:
I love it when I see people using the BYOND interface with initiative and intuition. Fantastic work on that private message system. Now really impress me by allowing multiple people. =)

What do you mean by multiple people? The tabbed system supports unlimited windows, and tabbing between windows using tab and shift+tab, and closing windows with ctrl+w. And this last part isn't in yet, but it will also allow players to create custom channels and chat in those.
Alathon wrote:
Just a friendly suggestion: Disallow killing other players, at least in some single area of the game; or for some period of time.

<-- Logged after dying 3 times, one of which you helped kill me in :s

Being a beta, many things are either disabled or not implemented that will be present in the release. One of these is the newbie protection, which protects newbies from attacks for the first 60 minutes of playtime.

After that 60 minutes, I'm still looking for an answer to the age-old problem of restricting killing to a reasonable limit, so that bandit players do not take over the game.

Fortunately, there are plenty of upstanding players who like to band together and fight against killers.