ID:65398

Poll: When do you think people should begin creating a hub?

When they have a team 6% (2)
When the have screenshots 20% (6)
When they have google'd pictures [LOL] 23% (7)
Other 50% (15)

Login to vote.

I've seen many useless hubs over my time on BYOND. To me I never wait for a game unless it has screenshots because why build hype on something you have no proof of? I think generally people make hubs when they have an idea not thinking about how much responsibility you have to have, and not to forget how much work and effort you need to put into it. Now, I am asking you for your opinion...Yeah! you the guy on the black velvet couch!
Making a hub should mean either "this game will be playable eventually" or "this game is downloadable/hosted 24/7".

Edit: By "playable", I mean open to public and playable.
Aixelsyd wrote:
Making a hub should mean either "this game will be playable eventually" or "this game is downloadable/hosted 24/7".

This. If the game is not playable, or wont be playable soon, then why make a hub for it?
There are other, more suitable places to talk about the game and show off screenshots, so why not use them?
A project is not published until it's in a guild. Until then, it shouldn't matter how useless someone else finds a hub entry.

Hub entries provide passwords, passports, scores, and medals. Developers need the hub before they can compile the release and they should be testing the interaction.

(Granted, I hide the the hub entries of unreleased projects from searches when I'm not working on them.)
Have a team!?!?! What ever happened to the good o'l days of every programmer for himself!?!?!?