ID:65437

BYOND Version:436
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:

This issue may be low priority or very difficult to fix, and has been put on the back burner for the time being.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When you go into the byond skin, and you edit a window, then go to its Options tab, then uncheck "Can Close" but leave "Can Resize" and "Can Minimize" checked as is the default.

Now run it. You will see that the Minimize button that is normally near the Close button at the top right has disappeared. This is a quite and inconvenience, because: If you make a window other than your main window, (such as a movable text box), and you want it to not be closeable but still be minimizeable, you can't, because both buttons disappear when you uncheck "Can Close".

Expected Results: When unchecking the "Can Close" box, "Minimize" will not disappear.

Actual Results: It does disappear.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time.
In other games? I don't know.
On other computers? I don't know.
In other user accounts? Yes.

When does the problem NOT occur? When you don't uncheck the "Can Close" box.
Confirmed: this also happening for me on Windows XP Home, BYOND Version 440.1018

Removing the close box also has the effect of disabling right-clicking the taskbar/titlebar.
While I'd classify this as a bug since the behavior is not consistent with the options provided, technically it is an issue with Windows. The titlebar is not setup to allow only minimize/maximize without closure. We could probably workaround it, or at least have 'close' do nothing in these cases; or we could update the interface editor to make this setup clear. It's a fairly quirky issue so it's deferred for now.
You could work around this with a skin interface button. Quite awhile ago I requested the is-minimized feature. So when you click the button you could execute code to minimize the window.

winset(usr,"winid","is-minimized=true")