ID:66413

/Facepalm
Once again I'm going to put some games on the chopping block for Dumbest Game Of The Year! Well, this weeks lesson is on How To Use Copyright Wrong.

Some Easy Situation That You Get Into
"I just made a new [Insert Anime Name] game. I'll protect this original game by putting a copyright sign so no rippers will rip my content."

NO, don't even think about putting that little R sign on your hub. For starters you don't know what copyright is. You can't copyright something that isn't yours, idiot*. It just makes your game hub look stupid.

"Well it's original, so I won't think twice about putting it up there."

Yes, your game is original by means of Graphics, Programming, and Pixel Art, but it's still based off of [Insert Anime]. Don't be so quick next time to think that you have rights like that**.

"It doesn't matter if it is based off of [ANIME NAME] it is still original, so I'm going to go head and put it up despite what people tell me."

See you've already messed up your game. Now it looks like it's done by a 3rd Grader in a Special Ed class. This, my friend, is where you go wrong!

Featured Games
*=Air Gear Online
**=Bleach Byakura Of Shingami
On that Bleach game, it looks like they think they can copyright gameplay. Lol, fail.
© != ®

It is funny, though, that they think copyrighting their work will somehow protect them* from the very theft they are committing without a second thought by basing their game in someone else's fictional world.

*In a practical sense, not legal
I believe they are copyrighting the Content(Pixel Art,Graphics And Programming) niot so much the Anime itself. But Iunno.
it's just obsurd to do something like that. Nothing is those games has the right to be copyrighted. I laugh whenever I see something like that. I'd bet money that the bleach game is a rip to begin with >_>
That's actually not a bad idea... I should put "Copyright © 2009 Ss4toby. All rights reserved." on my Grand Theft Auto game's hub.. Thanks Troy!!!!
Graphics and source code are automatically copyrighted, you may not be able to use them to make money, but nobody else has the right to use them. In that sense they do belong exclusively to you, The owners of the Dragonball copyright cannot swoop down and rip DBOII's graphics without buying them, just because it is a fan work doesnt mean it doesnt belong to you.
Masterdan wrote:
Graphics and source code are automatically copyrighted, you may not be able to use them to make money, but nobody else has the right to use them. In that sense they do belong exclusively to you, The owners of the Dragonball copyright cannot swoop down and rip DBOII's graphics without buying them, just because it is a fan work doesnt mean it doesnt belong to you.

This is true. Although, you would need to specify that only the graphics/source code belong to you, and that all characters and whatnot are copyrighted property of whoever.

And, even though you may own the graphics and source code, the owners of the copyright for the games world, characters and what not can legally tell you to stop using them because you are still using their characters/world/whatever.
Masterdan wrote:

"Bleach Shingami Of Chaos™ Is also copyrighted and not applicible to plagorism"
Im not defending games that write retarded copyright statements, im just saying that original works always have some copyright protection afforded. I'll go out on a limb and say Bleach Shingami of Chaos didnt hire a lawyer or have the appropriate legal knowledge before writing that disclaimer.
Runner Up For Disclaimer Of The Year:
A brand new Bleach Game Made BY Ikki and Josh!Tired of all those bad ripsx100, well come here and play ours.

What they meant to say is " Tired of all them BSOC rips come here and play our highly modified rip. We even have a new Bounto clan added!!111"
Once again you are the savior of BYOND for pointing this all out to us. A million thanks. Maybe next you can go try and get your dinky stinky.
Trosh, heres a reminder of how people think of you. Yes, I do believe I am the savior of byond, along with my achievements I should recieve the rank of priest don't you think?

This isn't called Voiced Opinions Of BYOND for nothing so you could just easily press the little red X on the top left of you computer and get stop being a complete moron. Thank you and have a nice day ;)
I fail at the internet? Heh, you are the guy stalking Anime game developers on BYOND. I just randomly read the BYOND user blogs and comment on them how I see fit. All I have ever seen you do is bitch about Anime games and try and outcast them for stupid shit, that well, most Anime games are known for anyways. you are totally a Hero. But that's just my voiced opinion.

Who said he was stalking? It's very possible that he saw one which got his attention and therefore searched for others to make this post about them.

Not all anime games are rips or complete garbage...but my opinion is that most are. There are few that I actually think are worth being in the anime section. I'm all for pointing out stupid things that stupid anime games do. Copyrighting is an interesting topic because all of the stuff in there is copyrighted to you that doesn't belong to any anime game as well as anime ideas, but I think it's kinda dumb to put that it's copyrighted on your hub. You can if you want, though. There's nothing stopping anybody.
Don't listen to Fugsnarf, I'm totally stalking Byond Anime.

I'm really not complaining about anything here. I am telling some important stupid things that game devolopers do. Once again, Trosh, you are the weakest link. Such a complete Fail.

I'm pretty much done throwing my insults down at you and proving you to be a complete moron.
Shit pictures are shit.
I just love to post pictures, Rugg.
Troy1121 wrote:
I just love to post pictures, Rugg.

Rugg stands for Ruggiero.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hxogzs.jpg

And no, you have not improved.
I have improved much.. This arguement as stood out long.
Page: 1 2