You know, every anime out there does try to convey some kind of message. Sometimes they're more subtle than others.

Naruto is no exception. Just because the message is shallow, doesn't mean it is non-existent.
Popisfizzy wrote:
Yea, Masterdan is not particularly capable in the matters of deep thought.

I just love the way he argues.

He'll argue with often repetitive and on occasion contradictory points. He'll ignore most of the points another user argues with and only reply to some of the weaker arguments in the guys post (or only to the next guy along if someone else's post is just that bit too much).

It's quite funny to watch actually.
I addressed all his points, you're the moron who started criticizing me for having an opinion in the first place. I dont have to greet you with some rational argument when all you brought to the conversation was "Masterdan is talking?! all hail Masterdan for having an opinion" nonsense.

I didnt see you contribute a single logical point to this entire thread Tiberath, you are clearly being a troll.

Masterdan wrote:
I addressed all his points,

You're mistaken-- you haven't replied to Schnitzel's latest comment.

you're the moron [...]

Mature.

I didnt see you contribute a single logical point to this entire thread Tiberath, you are clearly being a troll.

Then why are you responding to him? Be the bigger man and just stop.

Masterdan wrote:
you are clearly being a troll.

Oh man, his ace in the hole! God damn, son. If this line never existed, I think you'd totally be fucked in an argument.
Your respect level is now over 9000.
Masterdan wrote:
I addressed all his points,

You missed an entire, large, post of his which came directly after my comment. It would have been impossible for you to not see it, and yet you responded only to my insult.

you're the moron who started criticizing me for having an opinion in the first place.

I wasn't criticising you. I was insulting you. There's a subtle difference. You criticise someone you're trying to help, you insult someone you just don't like. I think it's pretty clear that I don't like you.

I dont have to greet you with some rational argument when all you brought to the conversation was "Masterdan is talking?! all hail Masterdan for having an opinion" nonsense.

Oh dear sir. If you didn't structure yourself in the "everything I say is absolute truth, you're clearly wrong, I win" manor, I wouldn't have made my comment.

In reality, if you consider I'm being a troll (see last sentence of your own comment), then the proper response would be to not greet me at all. But you just couldn't do that, could you?

I didnt see you contribute a single logical point to this entire thread

First post in the thread. Pointing out a flaw in part of the argument, debunking my own argument and agreeing with Snalger. Also my reply to The Magic Man.

I think you need less selective vision. You seem to focus on one post, make one reply, and then consider your job done. The problem is, you never actually pick the correct post to reply to.

Tiberath, you are clearly being a troll.

Hey, I figured it was my turn to. After all, why should you have all the fun?

--

And that Masterdan is how you reply to an argument. Take every point being made, and reply to it.
Zaole wrote:
Then why are you responding to him? Be the bigger man and just stop.

It's a battle of the egos. =)
Like I had earlier, Tiberath? Maybe I felt my points were made and replying to point-by-point replies has no end, I felt my points were made and i had no intent to continue debating, Schnitzelnagler has pointed out he doesnt think this will accomplish anything and that was more than good enough for me. Also, as you may have noticed, I replied to your insult with another insult, Im merely pointing out that you shouldnt play innocent and pretend like you have been a stoic rational person in this topic. It is one thing to call each other names, fine, I dont mind doing that, but to go back and analyze it and critique me for doing it.. even though you also dropped the random insult in the first place, is just beyond unacceptable. At least man up if you are going to be a troll, dont hide behind the facade that you have used your brain once in this entire thread. Ffs.
Hey! There it is again! It's the "everything I say is absolute truth, I can't possibly be wrong. You're wrong, I'm not listening to you, I'm superior and you're pick("a troll", "undermining me", "obviously clueless", "inferior in every way")" attitude I keep seeing.

Who knows, maybe one day you'll make a post that doesn't scream "yes ladies, I'm just that fantastic".

You kind of remind me of that really, really drunk guy at the pub. You know, the one who's obviously had far too much to drink, be he knows a guy so the bouncers wont throw him out.
Sorry, you think me calling you a troll for saying that Im close minded for giving my opinion is itself evidense of me being close minded? It is not constructive criticism to berate about with that attitude that everything I say is invalided by the fact that YOU think im too opinionated.

What is this random tangent? drinking and being thrown out? nono, see you are the one instigating a fight, I chose to approach this topic with civil discourse, you chose to be a flaming prick. I cant help that you are interested in causing shit Tiberath, I cant. I have nothing good to say about you and your shitty attitude and I have no intent on discussing it further.
And once again, the metaphor has gone right over your head. Perhaps I should just start saying things in simple English...

And don't worry Masterdan, the feeling is mutual. I have nothing good to say about you either. =)
Masterdan can only talk in huge walls of text that basically just say "I'm right, your wrong".

Anyone who can actually bother to read his posts has some godlike power.
wow guys lives dont cost money
Daveygilmour wrote:
wow guys lives dont cost money

Grammar.

It turns the sentence "your father helped your uncle jack off a horse" into "Your father help your uncle Jack, off a horse".

Keep that in mind sir.
Wow, I've got to admit this thread is pretty inspiring. :)
Naruto is a horrible show and children love horrible shows.

It's just that clear.

It's also a horrible game.
Naruto is for little kiddos. You might as well take the Sesame Street theme song and try to analyze it.

The problem with the Anime community on BYOND is that they're moronic kids. BYOND Anime is essentially the online embodiment of any given middle school's special ed resource room, only without the rules or teachers. My guess is that most of their parents just let them run wild on the internet at home in order to save money on ADD meds.

The truly scary ones are the "adults" because they only function about as well as the children, and it can be hard to tell the difference. But this is the internet, so God knows what kind of emotional issues they have.
I sure hope you're not saying any adult that likes anime is emotionally unstable ADD sufferer.
Tiberath wrote:
I sure hope you're not saying any adult that likes anime is emotionally unstable ADD sufferer.

Any adult who gets legitimately offended about disparaging remarks about a children's anime show and then gets up in arms to defend it almost certainly is.

I don't care for anime in general, because Japanese people generally suck at writing and most of the directors are terrible. That said, there is some worthwhile anime out there.
Page: 1 2 3