ID:67212

Keywords: free, game, l4d, valve, zombie
Okay, Left 4 Dead, one of the most popular zombie mania games ever, from one of the most aspired developers, Valve, is having a one day special. Until midnight tonight you can play Left 4 Dead for free via steam. http://store.steampowered.com/

Play it, do it, for real, best zombie game ever.
Left4Dead? isnt that one of the games that was voted into the top 5 of worse games of 2008 along with GTA4 and DBZ BL?
The game is fun though. I consider it better than RE5, dunno y but I just don't like it.
Gochels wrote:
Left4Dead? isnt that one of the games that was voted into the top 5 of worse games of 2008 along with GTA4 and DBZ BL?

No, it's not you twitter.. L4D is a badass game, and really fun. At least on the computer it is. GTA IV was good too, no way it's getting voted worse game. Don't even group those 2 games with BL, BL is pure diarrhea.
Gochels wrote:

By who? randomcrappyattentionwhore.com?

I don't even remember L4D having a ton of hype-- and the game definitely exceeded my expectations.
I think L4D is terrible. I've played the demo and the free version and I hated it both times.
Zxcvdnm wrote:
I think L4D is terrible. I've played the demo and the free version and I hated it both times.

cool story bro
Zxcvdnm, just because you can't handle the horde, doesn't mean it sucks. You're just a wimp..
Gochels wrote:

I donno about left4dead, but I got some good gameplay out of GTA4, and if you think that sucks, well then you're retarded.
I think Left4Dead and GTA4 would win the top 5 best games of 08.
Holy Crap i Wanna play it =-o
Thanks for the Update
Yammen wrote:
Zxcvdnm, just because you can't handle the horde, doesn't mean it sucks. You're just a wimp..

Lol, just because I like games that aren't ridiculously repetitive doesn't mean I can't handle the horde. The game is pretty much engineered so unless your whole team sucks, nobody loses. The fact that I'm pretty much guaranteed to win... makes me feel like I might as well skip the game all together and play something more challenging.
Zxcvdnm wrote:
Yammen wrote:

Lol, just because I like games that aren't ridiculously repetitive doesn't mean I can't handle the horde. The game is pretty much engineered so unless your whole team sucks, nobody loses. The fact that I'm pretty much guaranteed to win... makes me feel like I might as well skip the game all together and play something more challenging.

You've beat every campaign on expert mode? You have a gold medal on all 16 survival maps? Care to link me to your Steam ID, then?

Zaole wrote:
Zxcvdnm wrote:
Yammen wrote:

You've beat every campaign on expert mode? You have a gold medal on all 16 survival maps? Care to link me to your Steam ID, then?

You don't have to get all offended over my opinion, I don't mind you having yours. And yeah, I probably could or at least do pretty good. Not wasting the money to try though.
Zxcvdnm wrote:

You don't have to get all offended over my opinion, I don't mind you having yours. And yeah, I probably could or at least do pretty good. Not wasting the money to try though.

So you haven't even tried expert mode and you're talking trash about how the game is too easy? /facepalm
Zaole wrote:
Zxcvdnm wrote:

So you haven't even tried expert mode and you're talking trash about how the game is too easy? /facepalm

Whether you beat the game on easy or expert, you get to essentially the same result. Sorry if thats unappealing, but I'm not going to argue over opinions with you.
Zxcvdnm wrote:
Whether you beat the game on easy or expert, you get to essentially the same result. Sorry if thats unappealing, but I'm not going to argue over opinions with you.

The idea is that on a harder difficulty, one's own sense of achievement is greater, and the game itself is more enjoyable. You obviously comprehend that, considering your complaint about the game is that it's too easy. This indicates that a harder difficulty would have made it more enjoyable, so why are you suddenly putting forth the argument that difficulty is irrelevant to enjoyment of the game? Because you have no valid defense.

In addition, you need to abandon the ideology that something being an 'opinion' makes it infallible and inarguable; one can hold the opinion that upon death, God will judge you and determine if you go to Heaven or Hell, but does that mean that's definitely what's going to happen and no one else is allowed to debate it?
Thats the thing, I don't think its infallible or inarguable, I just don't want to debate it. I put my two cents in and thats it.
BYOND's got a bad case of the "I don't care if I might be wrong" bullheadedness lately.

What I don't get is why these people insist on spouting off their uneducated claims when they have no willingness to discuss them.
Zaole wrote:
BYOND's got a bad case of the "I don't care if I might be wrong" bullheadedness lately.

What I don't get is why these people insist on spouting off their uneducated claims when they have no willingness to discuss them.

Welcome to the internet. All I said was I played the game and didn't like it and all of a sudden that makes me uneducated. :) Its not my job to explore every aspect of the game for me to decide whether or not I love it or hate it, its valves job to pitch it to me through demos and such. I didn't like the pitch, so I'm not playing it.
Page: 1 2