ID:67548

Keywords: development
After working hard on that last release, I took a little break. Upon my 'return' to working on Efencea I formulated what needs to go into the next version. Here is what I've come up with, in a short and sweet list.

[V1.3]
  • Tutorial
  • Pause
  • Unit Pixel Offsets
  • [BALANCE]
    • Cost System
    • Ammo System
    • Lv3 Units
    • New Maps
    • Rebalance
  • [AI]
    • Consider opponents towers
    • Possibly path sides.
  • As aliens, in attack mode, the initial attack funds were 0 until you clicked the attack button. (Foomer)
  • The first time you clicked on the tower selection sections the default stats were all "99". (Foomer)
  • Add a Reboot Button/Command in single player and for hosts. (Foomer)
  • Remove "The SFX Volume: ## and Music Volume: ## messages" (Foomer)
  • Remove "Gah! I have nowhere to place a tower!" (Foomer)
  • Bombard Exploit - http://www.byond.com/members/Efencea/forum?id=8#8 (Foomer)
  • When the bombard towers left craters, they were on a higher layer than the unit shadows, so that the shadows go underneath the craters. (Foomer)
  • Lower relative volume on shrill robot deaths. (ACWraith)
  • Full length music that loops well. (Android Data)
  • Anchor all the GUI elements. (Ganing)

What you see there is what you get in the next release. Hopefully, enough recruits will prove helpful in coming up with a nice balance, especially so, what with new units and new gameplay mechanisms in place.

As of now none of this is implemented. A bunch of them are minor things that shouldn't take too long, including tower costs and ammunition, and most of the later items above. That and some items, Lv3 units, and full length music are for sound and art respectively.

Questions and comments are welcome as usual. If you've reported something and I missed it be sure to comment and let me know!
May I also suggest the fixing of seeing in tower descriptions "blah blah blah"?
Ganing wrote:
May I also suggest the fixing of seeing in tower descriptions "blah blah blah"?

Fixed.
For the RTS version.

Make point aquisition,time,kill,and breach based. Let the user send whenever he/she feels is right adding(in a sense) the element of suprise to the game. This would broaden strategies one could use in this game.

RTS this way would be easier to manage, becuase it wouldnt require all that coding just to switch turns,just a world timer. Also it would be easier to add 3rd and 4 players.
ChickenBomb wrote:
For the RTS version.

Make point aquisition,time,kill,and breach based. Let the user send whenever he/she feels is right adding(in a sense) the element of suprise to the game. This would broaden strategies one could use in this game.

RTS this way would be easier to manage, becuase it wouldnt require all that coding just to switch turns,just a world timer. Also it would be easier to add 3rd and 4 players.

This idea would make a great new mode.
2v2 ideas

-Lengthen map
-1 side 1st teammate otherside other team mate
-Combine attacking force with teammate.
-Thats all I could think of for the moment
Full length music that loops well. (Android Data)

Glad to see this game is indeed under development, and becoming more promising with every new version!
barricades.
And land mines. :P

Something else you need to add in the game is an interface that updates when changes are made. For example, when you have a tower highlighted, any changes to its experience bar don't update until you re-select the tower. There are a lot of minor oversights like this. Its really nothing that'll affect the game, but it makes it feel a lot more complete.
Zergling
Put scores rankings to hub! You said you were gunna do it. Mayby work on some medals?
Ganing wrote:
Put scores rankings to hub! You said you were gunna do it. Mayby work on some medals?

Then I can't make $0.01 a week off of the rankings views! :P
Vermolius wrote:
Ganing wrote:

Then I can't make $0.01 a week off of the rankings views! :P

So the more I refresh the more money you get eh?
Page impressions only count if they are 30 minutes apart. Also, clicks earn quite a bit more. Adsense is pretty secretive about actual figures, but it seems to be about $1.00 for every 1000 page impressions or some random amount of cents for a 'click-through'. Obviously, clicks are much better for making money as a single impression is about $0.001. At least that's what I've gathered.
@IceWarriorX
barricades.
How would you find barricades to work? Would they impede units momentarily, would they cause those units to walk around, or something else?

@Foomer
That could be pretty interesting. Although, it'd be sorta cheap since the units wouldn't avoid them. I suppose there could be a 'dozer' unit that just plows over them with no damage, but even then players would just throw out dozers in front each wave.
Vermolius wrote:
@Foomer
That could be pretty interesting. Although, it'd be sorta cheap since the units wouldn't avoid them. I suppose there could be a 'dozer' unit that just plows over them with no damage, but even then players would just throw out dozers in front each wave.

Think of it this way, Flying units automatically do not touch them, and heavy units are barely effected, but they are good against normies, (which are a tiny bit OPed) so it may work out as something. Mayby make them a mine is one build point. I dunno, it respawns, ITS EFENCEA OK?
Ganing wrote:
Think of it this way, Flying units automatically do not touch them, and heavy units are barely effected, but they are good against normies, (which are a tiny bit OPed) so it may work out as something. Mayby make them a mine is one build point. I dunno, it respawns, ITS EFENCEA OK?

We'll see what with the new mechanisms and the rounding up of a balance team.