ID:6760

I can't decide wether to get a Nintendo DS or a 19" flatscreen CRT. =(
Which will make your life more complete?
I don't know, its such a mind boggler. Kinda why I would see what someone would get in my position =P
Why not get half of each? >_>
Which one is for fun (The DS right?) and which is for functionallity?

Do you mean a computer monitor? If so, I'd take the DS, unless your current screen is like... 5 inches diagnol..
Flat Screen Monitors are over rated. Its more of a cool thing then a I need it thing.

Ive been using a 16in monitor for almost 3 or 4 years now and its just fine.

The Nintendo DS on the other hand isn't so easy to just replace. You could always get the cheaper alternative GBA or the more expensive Sony PSP. I got all 3 and Id suggest getting a DS over a PSP.

Some of the best games this year just came out, and your definatly be happy you got it, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Castlevania, Mario & Lugig 2...ect
DS.
DS no doubt, Flat Screen Moniters suck for gaming (If you game). So yeah, in that case, no doubt get the Nintendo DS.
Who or what is Luigig?

(I know what it is, no need to respond. O_O)
Ds...You can take it for car rides,play it on the shitter,at work,play it while walking. Plus it's fun for the whole family!
Do you have a working moniter already?
If so get a DS :P
Heh, good point. No use in getting a new moniter if ya don't need it.
Well, I was thinking about getting a DS as it was before. Guess everyone agrees!

My current monitors are a 17" Samsung and an oooooold 15". Getting the 19" would have allowed me to use the 19" and 17". The flatscreen wasn't really a big factor, I just thought they were cool =P
Flat Screen Monitors are over rated. Its more of a cool thing then a I need it thing.

Nah. Normal monitors screw your eyes over majorly.

Why do they suck for gaming? :(
Studies show normal moniters give you a better sight in the game. Flat Screens kinda dull it out due to the angle measurement.
Alright, I purchased the Nintendo DS yesterday. I got the red edition with Mario Kart included, because I wouldn't be able to afford a game and the system. I'm VERY impressed so far, great job Nintendo.

My only complaint is when I'm playing, my thumb often gets uncomfortable(and sometimes cramped) while playing Mario Kart DS - seing as you need to have a finger on the R button. How do you guys handle this?
Easy, by going for the Flatscreen. I have one, and I find the extra space a lot more comfortable since my desk isn't huge, it fits perfectly on it, not a huge screen, a nice flat IBM. I don't really see you with a hand held system James, you drive so you don't play it while 'riding,' you're on the computer a lot. Just in my opinion, I never really saw much interest in the DS, to me it seems hard to play games, because you switch from screen to screen, but I guess in certain games thats good.. ? Well, for whatever reason, I don't like the idea of it, I saw one game reviewed on it, and it looked horrible since they had to show both screens and it had a huge black line inbetween the screens (The plastic?) So, yeah, I'd go for what you need more, I have a GameCube that contains Mario Kart, emulators for other games, it all just seems like a marketing sceem to me. "Tighten up the graphics and put it on a new system, release all the old games and make them look new and better, but they're actually the same exact game, just on a different system."