ID:67777

Well, the reason why I haven't been on lately is because of my computer. I have found that we have over 17 Viruses (Including Steam for some odd reason). Now we are downloading a new Virus Protection system (No More AVG :(). The bad news is that I had to do a system recovery and my files are lost. I am hoping that one of my Pixel Artist has it or I saved it into my Flash Drive. By "My Files" I mean my Games, Pixel Art, Programming, Etc. I guess I'll see ya when I see ya!
17 viruses?

god damn, only 17? I remember when I installed anti virus some day I had hundreds or even thousands viruses
Hmmm, for future reference, there are plenty of ways to get rid of viruses and spyware/adware without having to resort to a system recovery or reinstall...

It's only the really bad infections that require those more drastic measures...
Idk losing all your files seems to only 17 viruses seems a cop out to me.
I had over 1000 on my Xp and everytime I scaned the numbers would double when connected to the Internet
I just recently setup my computer with two hard drives, one for software and data and one for system files. Once I reinstalled windows and installed all my primary software, I moved all my settings to the second hard drive and then created an image backup for the system drive. Now if things start getting ugly with my computer I just pop in the backup DVD and restore everything. All I lose is a few setting changes, possibly some other software installations, and maybe some game progress. No big deal.

I can also create system backups which I can store on my second hard drive. Then I can just create backups every few weeks. Each backup takes about 10 minutes and compresses into about 1.5 gigs. They can be restored just as quickly.
probably just detected cookies, and you deleted all of your stuff for no reason.

That's what happens when people like you use computers though.
IcewarriorX wrote:
probably just detected cookies, and you deleted all of your stuff for no reason.

This.
IcewarriorX wrote:

lmao...

Viruses aint really shit nowadays, when you see trojan or worms, you can actually start to worry, but 17... Thats nothing.
IcewarriorX wrote:

That's what happens when smart people like you use computers though.

Quick Yet Intelligent Edit :)

Anyways I have sent them to a Trusted Friend. We are once again back on track. I will be posting another Progress Check soon on the P.E.G.. The only problem now is that I have to call Microsoft.