ID:67938

Keywords: life
2 days ago, during some fairly strong wind gusts - an oak tree fell over and smashed into a car driving along the side of the park in question; the driver was killed almost on the spot. Death by falling tree.

Life is too short to settle for not enjoying it, not demanding a slice of happiness just for yourself. And so in light of that (Not the death by tree), I've dropped my internship (which I felt wasn't going anywhere) and will be studying software design at IT University Copenhagen; that, or software engineering at DTU, the Danish Technical University - Come August.

And as I realized thats what I was going to do, I managed to let out a sigh of relief; because settling and barricading yourself in a situation that you know isn't good for you just plain sucks, and drains you of energy that could be used to create, f.ex, the best game in the world!

Most all of this is common sense, and yet so many people (myself included) settle with little or no thought as to the consequence it has on our mind, energy, daily joy and similar - Instead of demanding more for ourselves. Why ? I suppose in my case because I'm so used to not getting what I want that it becomes the daily norm and it starts being okay. Which is terrible, if you think about it - And I have, so I've decided to do away with that notion altogether.
It's good you're putting a solid foot in the ground, good stuff.

Though to be honest, the first portion of your post sounded like a chain email, I almost skipped over the rest. <.<
Tiberath wrote:
It's good you're putting a solid foot in the ground, good stuff.

Though to be honest, the first portion of your post sounded like a chain email, I almost skipped over the rest. <.<

2 days ago, during some fairly strong wind gusts - an oak tree fell over and smashed into a car driving along the side of the park in question; the driver was killed almost on the spot. Death by falling tree.

Send this to 5 other videos or it'll happen to your closest lover.
Good stuff man. Have fun with what you do.
Life is short, far to short to be waiting around. When you gotta go, you gotta go.

On a more serious note, I know exactly what you mean. I've been not getting what I want for so long that disappointment has become so second nature that it doesn't disappoint me anymore.