Naruto: Severed Ties

by Mouchy
Naruto: Severed Ties
A game based off of the popular anime Naruto.
ID:684803

Welcome to Naruto: Severed Ties!

Are you tired of People in other games getting edited characters because they know the owner?
Are you tired of people buying edits from the owners of other games?
Are you tired of the drama and non-sense that takes place on so many other games?

If you are then this is the game for you. Here at NST we work to make a fun and fair game for everyone. So come join our game and sign up for the NST forums.

Enjoy our Balanced Combat system, New Map and Fun entertaining community.

JOIN Our games Fourms: http://w11.zetaboards.com/Korona/index/
My reasoning for rejecting this is that it's simply Naruto Final Fight with a different name. We do not tolerate ripping games and creating new hubs for them.
In response to LordAndrew
I was an owner of NFF it was my game and my work. I even have full permission to use the source.

Also I have been doing some huge updates and changes on NST, it has a entirely new map, new events, stat system, etc...

NFF started off as a copy of nwots but look where it is now, NST is just trying to do the same thing NFF had done.
While I don't know the validity of your last statement, we've certainly changed our policy since Naruto Final Fight came around.

From the listing guidelines:
  • The game must be truly your own, not simply edited from a "codebase"; i.e. it must not be a "rip".

The problem is that simply changing a few things about your game doesn't get past the fact that at its core it's still Naruto Final Fight. Even with permission, we don't need two extremely similar games on the hub. Who did you receive permission from exactly?

If you are an owner of Naruto Final Fight, why not put your server under its hub? Space Station 13 operates under a system in that all of the servers at their core are still Space Station 13, but each server is modified by different parties. I find this set-up a lot better than having eight different hubs for different versions of Space Station 13, and it feels like it could easily apply to what you're doing here.
The idea that every single line of code must be original is completely against the logic of reusability in programming. One of the most important things about programming is that not everything needs to be completely original but rather code can be modified or edited to fit the users needs and tasks.

Changing key elements of a game can change the game entirely all together. NFF and NST may have some similarities but there differences are so vast there is no way they could be considered the same game. Some of differences include, events such as, Team-Death-matches, Auto-Tournament, Auto-FFA, complete changing of the damage system, and entirely new map, and one of the biggest ones; the Non-selling of edits(in-game perks) to players for money. The whole game is based and equal treatment for all players, which is completely different from NFF where if you have money you are just able to purchase strong characters from the current Owners.

And for clarity, I was an Owner/Coder, my former partner decided to sell the forums, hub, server and source code to a third party including my own work, all without my consent.

I am just trying to get a listed HUB for my game so that players can come and enjoy. If they don't know about the game in the first place there is no way for them to even try it. Without a listed HUB I don't really see how my game can really have any future.
I'm laughing so hard.

An ENTIRELY new map? Half of the villages have remained the same with the exception of some moved around scroll posts and some changing to Rock village. At it's core it still uses NFF's old EP system, It's SP system, it's practically the same game aside from some empty map additions, some unbalanced updates and a poorly redone stamina/vitality system. Most of the icons are the same as well.

Make your own game. To say that NFF is your own game is bullshit. NFF is 6-7 years of Argons hardwork, 2-3 years of kaio. You came around for what was barely a year and added crappy updates and call it yours.

This hub doesn't deserve to be listed.
I made the EP system on NFF. Its my design.

SP system was sorta removed. It will be taken out entirely.

Stamina was removed (mostly its hard to get everything in an entire game.)

NFF's villages were all mapped by Doug, my brother. NST maps is basically all new.

I am not claiming NFF as my game, NST is my game and it deserves a hub.
Naruto: Severed Ties is still built off of Naruto Final Fight, which is a problem.
My brother and I have talked about it for awhile. We don't really expect to get a hub for the time being. Our plan now is to just keep updating and over time our game will be nothing like NFF. Then we think we have a chance in getting a hub. Somethings do need to get changed, such as, the hud, creation screen, some icons, some core game systems. It will take awhile but sooner or later I am sure we will get a hub.

Also @readthisandugay kaio gave me full permission to use the source.

(off topic - andrew is your icon changing color or is it my screen)
In response to Mouchy
That's a rather circuitous route to take in making your game capable of being listed. It would easier to start from scratch instead of building on another's source.

Also yes my avatar is animated. It has a really high delay so it changes from red to blue every two or three minutes.
Its a more realistic route though, the amount of time needed just to put into a game to get a running alpha is so huge its daunting. NST current sources is not so bad, its a tad sloppy for my taste but its workable.

I am working a separate game also at the moment from scratch (one of forum_accounts libraries actually) and already just the iconning is super annoying. However this game is much simpler then an MMORPG.
y cant i ever seem to logg on this game?
its always connection failed (OR SOME OTHER EXCUSE lol....) can someone help?.....Mouchy?
@ sac, lol, i think byond is shrinking, i keep runnin into the same people more and more often, and it does seem like there's tons of less games 2 play now, ontop of that, out of everyone on my friend's list, only about 4 still play byond, and i have over 40 people on it :/
i agree man :/

same here....
Sorry about down time, Server issues; should be resolved now.