ID:68868

From an interview with playboy.
http://www.playboy.com/articles/ayn-rand-playboy-interview/ index.html

PLAYBOY: According to your philosophy, work and achievement are the highest goals of life. Do you regard as immoral those who find greater fulfillment in the warmth of friendship and family ties?

RAND: If they place such things as friendship and family ties above their own productive work, yes, then they are immoral. Friendship, family life and human relationships are not primary in a man's life. A man who places others first, above his own creative work, is an emotional parasite; whereas, if he places his work first, there is no conflict between his work and his enjoyment of human relationships."

Thank god some people take objectivism seriously, or we wouldnt have youtube stars or fox news journalists.

cont.
PLAYBOY: If widely accepted, couldn't Objectivism harden into a dogma?

RAND: No. I have found that Objectivism is its own protection against people who might attempt to use it as a dogma. Since Objectivism requires the use of one's mind, those who attempt to take broad principles and apply them unthinkingly and indiscriminately to the concretes of their own existence find that it cannot be done. They are then compelled either to reject Objectivism or to apply it. When I say apply, I mean that they have to use their own mind, their own thinking, in order to know how to apply Objectivist principles to the specific problems of their own lives.

OH Ayn, if only you knew, Objectivism not only became a dogma but your followers dont even use rationality to defend objectivism itself! They just use the almighty banhammer!
A man who places others first, above his own creative work, is an emotional parasite; whereas, if he places his work first, there is no conflict between his work and his enjoyment of human relationships.

cool story bro
I'll go on the record dismissing that first statement, because without "family" humans aren't human. See Maslow's Hierarchy of needs. Also, the last statement made is also bogus, just ask any cheating spouse why they were doing it, and I'm willing to bet the word "workaholic" comes in somewhere.

No. I have found that Objectivism is its own protection against people who might attempt to use it as a dogma. Since Objectivism requires the use of one's mind, those who attempt to take broad principles and apply them unthinkingly and indiscriminately to the concretes of their own existence find that it cannot be done.

Really? Interesting how a set of beliefs "using your mind" is entirely able to be turned into a dogmatic belief.

I lol'd, then I lul'd, then I cried.
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
I'll go on the record dismissing that first statement, because without "family" humans aren't human. See Maslow's Hierarchy of needs.

For anyone not familiar with Maslow or his work: Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.png
No silkwizard comment yet?
Silkwizard never has the balls to actually address the flaws in his argument, thats why he is banhammer heavy,
I think that the majority of Byond gms Are pricks, Most of them are on the same power trips that most cops are(Canadian cops anyway, I can't speak for American ones but I assume it's the same) Most of them need to grow up. On an off topic note, how's your work with 2Shea been coming Dan and how is the update coming along.
Devilican1 wrote:
I think that the majority of Byond gms Are pricks, Most of them are on the same power trips that most cops are(Canadian cops anyway, I can't speak for American ones but I assume it's the same) Most of them need to grow up. On an off topic note, how's your work with 2Shea been coming Dan and how is the update coming along.

Did you read the topic? Silk isn't a GM...unless you mean of his own games, which I've never seen him on, much less abuse any administrative powers.
I'm speaking in general about Byond game admins, I'm just responding to the part apart swinging the ban hammer for no reason, which happens quite alot on byond games.
Devilican1 wrote:
I'm speaking in general about Byond game admins, I'm just responding to the part apart swinging the ban hammer for no reason, which happens quite alot on byond games.

That's....not really the topic though <_<
It kind of is and it kind of isn't <.<
Silkwizard has no authority on BYOND, hes just loud. Which is like, thinking you matter when you really dont.
Silk wizard is a jackass. And also, are you even working on the update for your game or have you lost motivation again? :/
naruto goa needs more servers id be happy to apply for me to host a public server with all the files uploaded so they dont have to make new ones
MasterDan, why would you make a blog only to have some people ask for a GOA update? LOL

Anyway, Rand is old as hell, who would have guessed she was WRONG!!!!
Masterdan I've been banned from 1 of your games naruto goa....it must be some mistake cause I've done nothing wrong an I've been banned from about a month now begin punish for nothing really does sux jus hoping u can fix this cause i miss playing your game.

Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 442.1020)
Logging in...connected
Logged in as YGO-Yami_Malfoy.
Connecting to byond://96.249.149.175:10337...connected
Banned by host: Game-wide banned.
Access denied.
Connection failed.
HI!
Can anyone tell me how much long a wide ban is?
Ty
please unban this keys: Suca and Succhiamilpene
I didn't do nothing wrong!
Please T_T
Masterdan,
This person, Kobota Your staff for Naruto GOA, has been banning people left and right,i also got banned, for no reason at all. You should look into this, if you dont want Naruto GOA to lose intrest.

Please do not delete this comment.

-Master fuji
Master Fuji wrote:
Masterdan,
This person, Kobota Your staff for Naruto GOA, has been banning people left and right,i also got banned, for no reason at all. You should look into this, if you dont want Naruto GOA to lose intrest.

Im with you on this,,, Either he has been banning people recklessly or he has been mute'ing (cant spell) random people. i myself was banned for "v-killing" when it was mereley a sparring match and i never healed him fast enough o.0 so please unban this key Ze_Legend ;)

Page: 1 2 3