ID:69200

---------- Escape Mode ----------

You need to get out of here, but there's only one way to escape with your life...

That escape comes in the form of a vehicle somewhere nearby, but unfortunately for you, you're lacking three things: fuel, keys, and a part needed to repair the vehicle (Why are these things hidden around the place? I dunno... Maybe it's some sort of twisted game?)

Find and collect these three items, and make your way to the escape vehicle to save your life and win the game!

---------------------------------------

I haven't really said much about this mode yet, and now, many of you have had the chance to play it anyways, but here's the low-down (in the form of the in-game rules text):

---------- Escape Mode Rules ----------

Players vie to be the first to collect three necessary items (fuel, keys, and a repair part) and make it to the escape vehicle to win the round... Each map has approximately 10 locations/rooms/areas to check (marked by flashing red checkmarks on the floor), and three of these Check Points are picked to be the location of each of the three items...

Players travel the map, walking onto each of these Check Points to "search" the location for an item... If the Check Point they are searching is one of the designated item locations, and no one has beaten them to it, they "find" that item... If an item was there, but someone has already picked it up, the player will be given clues (hairs and fibers left behind) of the identity of the player who last picked up that item... Killing a player who has collected an item(s), results in the killer taking the item(s) from the victim...

Once all three items have been collected, the player to do so must make their way to the escape vehicle Goal (marked by a flashing gold star on the floor) to win the round...

The Clue Book displays any items you have found, and a voice on the Phone will tell you the Check Point locations, and the Goal location...

---------------------------------------

Pretty self-explanatory, I think...

This mode on its own is pretty simple... There is, however, a BYOND Member game mode option to spice it up a bit (with plans to add even more variants in the future)
It's a Very Fun Mode To play, Well i think so. :l
Mick Brown says: "THE ZOMBIES ARE HERE!"

Quote from a recent game.
Maybe its just me but I think if someone were trying to kill me, I'd be more inclined to run through the woods than sit there repairing my escape vehicle.
Boredone wrote:
Mick Brown says: "THE ZOMBIES ARE HERE!"

Quote from a recent game.

Ahh, so somebody has played it with a BYOND Member to turn on the special mode... Sweet!

Foomer wrote:
Maybe its just me but I think if someone were trying to kill me, I'd be more inclined to run through the woods than sit there repairing my escape vehicle.

Hey, it might be a flimsy plot device, but let's just go with suspension of disbelief on this one...lol

The "repair part" aspect was the only thing I could think of to occupy a third required item to make the escape... I mean, if it were fuel and keys, that would be more reasonable, but I wanted there to be three requisite items to make the search take longer, and increase the chance of making murder and backstabbing necessary...

Of course, on the ship map, there's no option of just running through the woods... But then, on the hospital map, the getaway vehicle happens to be a lifeflight helicopter, which I doubt any of us could repair, much less fly...lol

So all in all, no, it's not a very solid premise, but it boils down to:

"It's a Very Fun Mode To play, Well i think so. :l" -Goku super saiyan 4
You could replace the "repair part" with a battery or a jump box or something of the sort to get the vehicle started,since I'm sure most things need stored energy to start them. It sounds like a rather interesting mode, Hopefully I can get some time to try it on a day off. And hey, maybe the woods is too thick to run through and no one is around for miles and miles, you be dead anyways. (I know if I was to have a mansion and invite people so I could kill 'em they be in the middle of freakin' no where!)
I was trying to be vague with "repair part"... I thought of using something like "battery", but the maps all have different types of vehicles, which would each use a different type of battery...

But with a generic sounding, and generic looking "repair part", I can just cover all the bases in one generic shot...

Heck, maybe the part needed is the battery in some cases...

[Edit:] Of course, another problem is, how many people can carry around a vehicle battery? Especially when you're also carrying a gallon or two of gas, and probably a weapon or two...

But I suppose if I were going to use that line of reasoning, the game's item limit needs to be much lower (I mean, you can pick up a total of 4 or 5 items at once, ranging from chainsaws to shovels to glasses of wine/soda to whatever else any of the maps offer) which should be as impossible as carrying around a battery...

Oh well, I'll just have to ask everyone to just not question the logic...lol