ID:69909

As usual with my releases, the MM update was full of all kinds of bugs that crop up when the public gets a chance to beat on the game...

Most of these bugs arise from my habit of programming things with the naive mindset that people will use things as I intend, and as I use them myself... I tend to mistakenly assume that players will follow the set of unspoken (and unprogrammed) rules that I have in my head when I'm designing and programming...

For instance, I neglected to limit the number of consecutive clicks on the map select and round start buttons (both of which cause major issues with the game), simply because I myself know better than to click them more than once in a row, and I naturally expect my players to do the same...lol Of course, I should know better by now, but I can't help it...

Then there was another bug that was simply a case of a swapped reference in a proc call (src instead of M) that caused the "Do you want to join the next round?" question that was intended for each of the players to be asked of the round starter over and over for each of the players...lol

There were also a few runtime erros that cropped up from my less-than-robust programming practices (not checking a list's .len before pick()ing from it, not making sure that mob/M still exists before referencing it, etc.)

And of course, I added the all-important hub_password security (as so conveniently pointed out by some friendly neighborhood pranksters)

And then there's a laundry list of other fixes and changes made over the past few days (and 2 or 3 patch updates), but I won't list them all here...

Anyways, the point is that I think the game is more or less working properly now... Of course, I'm probably horribly mistaken, and some crippling bug will now emerge (either one that I missed, one that just hasn't popped up yet, or even one that I've just introduced) but that's how this dance usually goes...lol
The game is good, and its working well for player to play.

Kinda found that out when i was hosting the game. lol
That's good to hear!

Most of the bugs were just little nuisances, like occasional runtime errors that didn't really cause any lasting harm, or small graphical glitches, or other little details...

But then there were the few that in some cases would have really screwed the game up for players (especially if anyone clicked the map selection button more than once, or if multiple people clicked it very close together, or if the round starter clicked the round start key more than once)

But now, hopefully, those kinds of issues are behind us...lol
You might want to delete Jesus's and WHAT 9000!?'s scores :P. Check the reference, it tells you how.
Yeah, Masterdans take charge medal to.

Sorry' bout that.
KershiVelix wrote:

Sorry' bout that.

I lol'd when I saw that, by the way; I knew someone other than Dan had done it.
Jeff8500 wrote:
KershiVelix wrote:

Sorry' bout that.

I lol'd when I saw that, by the way; I knew someone other than Dan had done it.

I hope Dantom doesn't mind that I put his name under Anger Management on some other game. Oh-well.

I intend to play Murder Mansion soon.
Jeff8500 wrote:
You might want to delete Jesus's and WHAT 9000!?'s scores :P. Check the reference, it tells you how.

Yeah, got it... I also changed Oasho's scores back to something somewhat near what he had for the three that were changed (-9001 for Rounds Won, 1#INF for Lifetime Deaths, and -9001 for Lifetime Kills) I just picked some arbitrary numbers, though, but it's certainly better than the ones he was handed...lol

If you're reading this, Oasho, and you remember what your actual stats should be, then let me know, and I'll set them to the actual correct ones...

As for Masterdan's medal, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete medals won, but oh well, it's not really causing any harm (I'll just have to force him to earn it...lol)
SuperSaiyanGokuX wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:

Yeah, got it... I also changed Oasho's scores back to something somewhat near what he had for the three that were changed (-9001 for Rounds Won, 1#INF for Lifetime Deaths, and -9001 for Lifetime Kills) I just picked some arbitrary numbers, though, but it's certainly better than the ones he was handed...lol

If you're reading this, Oasho, and you remember what your actual stats should be, then let me know, and I'll set them to the actual correct ones...

As for Masterdan's medal, unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to delete medals won, but oh well, it's not really causing any harm (I'll just have to force him to earn it...lol)

I think they're working on a way to delete medals, if there isn't one already.
Oh wait a minute... I think I recall seeing a "ClearMedal" floating around somewhere...