Archipelago Remastered

by GauHelldragon
Archipelago Remastered
Survival is the name of the game
ID:69940

Presentation

Well my first impression of this game was "Wow...Ummm...This looks like a really idiotic game.". See, graphics are usually the thing that makes the biggest first impression on players. Plus, no sound(Waves crashing against the shore, building sounds, etc.), which is another big thing. When I got on after the update, I thought it wasnt as good as before. They added PK, destroying other peoples buildings, stuff like that. I mean, sure. Doing it to other people is fun, but it gets annoying when everytime you build something, a person comes and destroys it all. And the PK thing is no fun when you go afk or anything like that.

Gameplay

The item system seemed to be decently worked on, such as combos for items, which take forever to figure out. And if you dont get food withing the first 30-45 minutes, your'e dead. I think it should be easier to get food, because once you actually grow it/catch it, it's extremely hard to cook at first. There are 11 skills you can work on: Building(You use it to build stuff, with logs, which you need an axe, to get), Crafting(You can use it to make bowls and stuff, not a bad skill to work on), Smithing(Pain in the ass to train but totally worth it), Mining(For everyone who is clueless about mining, you mine on cave floors, not quarries or cave walls), Farming(This is kind of self-explanatory, isn't
it?), Alchemy(I don"t see a use for this skill actually), Fishing(Not very easy to fish at first, just level it up till you start catching things. P.S., There are 3 things you can fish with, but I cant give it away), Swimming(Totally useless skill, knowing you can make a raft right when you start. Dont train this skill too much, it's really a waste of time.), Lumberjack(Which you cant level unless you have an axe...Which is extremely hard to make.), Cooking(Extremely hard to do, but easy when you level it up high enough.), and Combat(I totally disagree with being able to PK. Takes way too long to make a new character and restart your training, etc.). But, this game is really very user-friendly. Just, don't go near Okus or his tribe. A group of idiot PKers, they are.

Originality

This game was kinda fixed up, like in the graphics and user-friendly areas. The original game is right here. http://www.byond.com/games/Halcyon222/Archipelago Jeansfreak is also making another version of this game, right here. http://www.byond.com/games/Jeansfreak/ArchipelagoRemastered

Overall

Well, as you can see, It's not a very good score. I really think this game can be improved a lot more. More items could be added, the skill level max could be improved, etc. This game could add a lot more things in the survival area of gaming. Not a bad game, don't get me wrong. But it could be improved, as i said. I like this game, and hope it goes somewhere better than where it is.