In response to Ishuri
Thanks, Flick. Merging these issues now.
Bumping request.
Here's a suggestion: Maybe using tags to figure out how to parse the requested clickable parts. Example:

maptext = "Click [maptext:help]HERE![/maptext] for help!"
and have "here" a #define or a built-in proc that parses this to allow you to do things like Topic(), call()(), procs, change vars, etc.

Or go with the original ideal of href tags.
Either way, it's been 6 years since I originally requested this and no new news has been brought up.
+1
A workaround 6 years later is to simply have an invisible object under the maptext that should fit within the width and height of the font with mouse_opacity = 2 so that it's always clickable.

Workarounds and BYOND aside, +1
The biggest sticking point I can see is that I'd need some kind of flexible list of URL+rectangle combos somehow attached to the icon. Hardware mode has the advantage of the text being cached, at least, so there's that; software mode would need some updates for the concept to work there, at least while it's still around, but considering most displays aren't jumping into software mode anymore as a fallback maybe that's not a concern.
Lummox JR resolved issue with message:
atom.maptext can now include links. Links support the title attribute, and you can use the :hover CSS pseudo-class. (Please note :hover can only change the text color at this time.)
Is it possible to use maptext for winset commands?

I've tried links along the lines of "byond://winset?command=Who", which work in a browser window (executing the command as if it was typed into the input bar at the bottom), but when done on the map it appears to just spawn an invisible (and nonfunctional) DreamSeeker process:

C:\Program Files\BYOND\bin\dreamseeker.exe byond://winset?command=Who

Topic calls appear to work if the URL is "?src=(...);".

In response to Zamujasa
I actually think you should post a Beta Bugs report on that, since it really ought to handle byond:// links properly.
Well crap. Now I cant even remember what I was trying to do :P Thanks for the update though. Im sure I'll find something.
Page: 1 2