ID:70723

{Player} Zaole OOC: so I completed the tutorial, and talked with the guide for a bit, and now I'm just out here in the world wandering around with no sense of direction
{Player} Zaole OOC: what am I supposed to be doing? what is my goal?
{:The-Shadow-Syndicate:}{Staff}Soundwave OOC: Zaole... new to byond or something
{Bloodlust }{Player}Hajri OOC: sigh
{„-| »SouL Reapers« |-„ }{Player}Blax OOC: Shin ? You're here ? :p
{:The-Shadow-Syndicate:}{Staff}Soundwave OOC: This is a mmo... not a single player rpg that has a A to B path... open world games... mean you can do anything
{Player} Zaole OOC: I'm just criticizing this game's ignorance towards important design issues, actually
{Player} Zaole OOC: MMOs still have goals
{:The-Shadow-Syndicate:}{Staff}Kazuo OOC: Lmfao. Another one of "those" types eh?
{:The-Shadow-Syndicate:}{Staff}Kazuo OOC: Zaole, go find something more productive to do.
{Player} Zaole OOC: small, individual ones. you don't just throw the player out there and say "hit your train button for 6 hours"
{Player} Zaole OOC: meh I'm bored
Zaole has been Banned by Soundwave. (Both)(No one gives two [poops] about your opinion. )
Connection died.
Connection failed.

It's worth mentioning that I don't think I've ever remained unbanned while in a Dragonball game for more than 15 minutes. Shutting out criticism is a lot easier than fixing the problems for these people.
Well, the review did warn us about bad GMs.
I'm not at all surprised by the GMs at this point, but I am saddened and a bit surprised that I am a "type" that they apparently encounter often and deal with by banning; my "type" being someone who pushes them to creater a better game, instead of just having a boring, generic grindfest.
Wow, I'm actually surprised at this, I went on and had a great time, but maybe that was because some of them knew me >_> Sabbath really needs a change of GMs, though as for the game's training systems and whatnot, he will be changing those soon(I hope).
Well some people just enjoy the way those games works. I think most of the Dragonball games are like that, that is what to expect and it caters to a specific player base. Going in, knowing what to expect and then criticizing them for it, is almost border line trolling on their game.
Trosh Kubyo wrote:
Well some people just enjoy the way those games works. I think most of the Dragonball games are like that, that is what to expect and it caters to a specific player base. Going in, knowing what to expect and then criticizing them for it, is almost border line trolling on their game.

you'd never catch someone like me trolling
I've tried to play those games before, and it's always the same thing: You have to already know how to play in order to learn how to play.

The Genin exams are the most laughable part about BYOND rips in general. A good game slowly introduces itself to a player, teaching them how it works as they go along. A BYOND rip forces players through a Genin exam, which only a Naruto fan knows how to pass. A good game draws players in, a Naruto rip forces all but die hard fans out.
Why were you expecting anything other than a ban here? The kid was smart enough to realise that dealing with you is a bigger waste of time than what ever repetitive macro pounding task he was doing before you entered. Good for him.
Sounds like trolling to me, going into a game, knowing what to expect and then criticizing them about the game.
0bby wrote:
Sounds like trolling to me, going into a game, knowing what to expect and then criticizing them about the game.

whoosh

(applies to darkview too)
I find it funny that you had a hard time figuring out what to do in this game. To be completely honest, I gave this game a try a few months ago. It was the only DragonBall that actually tried to help out newer players. When you go through the tutorial, it explains a lot. Once you leave the tutorial, there is an NPC right infront of you that tells you every single thing you need to know about the game to the last detail.

I really don't see how you had any problems.
The "problem" I had was that the game fails to provide any objectives; once I finished the tutorial area, it just threw me out into the real world and told me nothing at all about what I'm supposed to do or why. It wasn't that I didn't know how to play the game-- it's that I was provided no reason why.

Anyways, I then made a big deal about it in OOC so I could get banned and use it to make a blog post to troll and netted a couple moronically vitriolic responses. :)
Shaduu wrote:
Congratulations. Is your life so boring that you have to log into a game and make a big deal out of something to get banned just so you can troll? How sad.

:D
The reason I banned you was simply this...

I did listen to what you said at first. When I asked if you were new. But instead of saying something like "no, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what to do." And then suggesting things to improve it. You go straight and say how the game's ignorance is the reason why. When in turn is calling the designers and people working on it like me... ignorant. I don't like people who join a game and bash it with one of the first things they do... Which is what you appeared to be doing to me and the game.

Thats why I banned you, and thats why you got called one of "those" types. Because you didn't come off like someone who was going to offer advice. You came off as someone who was going to start bashing the game left and right.

Thank you.
Soundwave
First of all, let me make this quite clear. You wouldn't have been banned if you had used the proper outlets for making suggestions, instead of berating the game publicly on OOC.

And honestly, you weren't trying to make any worthwhile suggestions, you were just making backhanded comments about the game design. This made you look like a tool, and most definitely like a troll.

I stand by what I said in that log, you need to find something more productive to do then go into games trying to troll, and blog about it. I'm quite sick of you internet kiddies trying to boost your e-peen.

We are in the process of improving the game, seeing as how I just became a part of the programming team. The owner has left the game in our care while he sorts out his personal issues. And I can assure you, he would've banned you just the same.

Next time you want to make a suggestion, use the provided outlets.

- Kazuo
Your key is ironic, considering you were actually quite the successful experiment; as I had expected, my calm, inquisitive behavior was able to yield a ban, much like in every other DBZ game. I was then able to use it as trolling material. :)

It's also amusing that you say I "berated" the game, considering the most hateful thing I did was accuse ignorance towards design, while your admin (or enforcer or GM level 12) was using profanity.
Criticism isn't wanted if advice isn't coming afterwards. So I'm glad you're gone. And things are changing. You happened to come in during the beginning of those changes. -shrugs- We wouldn't have taken such offense if you would have gave suggestions ingame/forums wise. Well, have fun finding another game to troll. You won't doing it in ours.
Forebode wrote:
Criticism isn't wanted if advice isn't coming afterwards. So I'm glad you're gone. And things are changing. You happened to come in during the beginning of those changes. -shrugs- We wouldn't have taken such offense if you would have gave suggestions ingame/forums wise. Well, have fun finding another game to troll. You won't doing it in ours.

I was giving suggestions.

"{Player} Zaole OOC: MMOs still have goals
{Player} Zaole OOC: small, individual ones. you don't just throw the player out there and say "hit your train button for 6 hours""

The only reason I couldn't give further suggestions is because I was so speedily banned.
Zaole wrote:
Your key is ironic, considering you were actually quite the successful experiment; as I had expected, my calm, inquisitive behavior was able to yield a ban, much like in every other DBZ game. I was then able to use it as trolling material. :)

It's also amusing that you say I "berated" the game, considering the most hateful thing I did was accuse ignorance towards design, while your admin (or enforcer or GM level 12) was using profanity.

Any point you had became moot when you admitted you were intentionally trying to troll. Don't you think that diminishes your credibility just a smidge?
Z33r0 wrote:
Zaole wrote:

Any point you had became moot when you admitted you were intentionally trying to troll. Don't you think that diminishes your credibility just a smidge?

I said I was trolling the blogging community, not your game. Reread what I said.

"and use it to make a blog post to troll"
Page: 1 2