ID:70849

---------- Clue(do)* Mode ----------
The classic board game of whodunit...Murder Mansion style! A murder has already been committed, and it's up to you to figure out the Who, What, and Where of the crime... Make your way to the green question mark in various rooms to make suggestions to be disproven by your fellow players, until you are confident you know the full story, and can make a phone call with your final accusation!

*"CLue(do)" and all related elements are copyrighted by Hasbro, and are used here without permission... Hopefully they won't mind...lol
---------------------------------------

Those familiar with the history of Murder Mansion (IE anyone who was paying attention, or remembers, when I've talked about it before, or has read the in-game credits) knows that it was initially inspired by a forum text roleplay game that was started by a user on the http://www.dragonballtoys.com forums (so in a way, you all have DBZ to thank for Murder Mansion's existence! lol)

Well, the guy who started up that game was, in turn, inspired by none other than CLue(do)! So Murder Mansion's roots go back to that classic board game... And in fact, in my mind MM has always been thought of sort of as "real-time Clue"...

So when I was adding alternate modes, I simply had to make it official and include a direct copy of Clue's gameplay as one of the new modes... I was a bit hesitant, not wanting to infringe on any copyrights, but I ultimately decided it was a risk I was willing to take...

Like is says below, if you've ever played the Clue(do) board game (and you should!), you'll already be familiar with this mode's rules, which I'll give here, anyways:

---------- Clue Mode Rules ----------
If you've played the board game, you already know the basics... In this mode, players race to logically deduce the Who, What, and Where of a Murder that's already been committed...

Each map has 9 locations/rooms/areas that are marked with Clue Spots (a flashing green question mark on the floor), 6 of the map's weapons are picked as possible Murder weapons, and each of the players is one of the possible suspects...

One possibility from each of the 3 categories is selected to be one of the correct details of the crime, and the rest are "dealt" to all of the players...

Players then visit Clue Spots on the map to make suggestions of which suspect and which weapon might have been involved in a Murder in that location (Clue Spots can't be used twice in a row)... If one other player has been "dealt" one of the elements suggested, they give that information to the player who made the suggestion to disprove that element of the suggestion... Play continues until a player has disproven enough possibilities to confidently make an accusation, and they do so by calling it in from a phone... Incorrect accusations result in disqualification...

The Murder Mansion twist is that killers will automatically learn the evidence that the victim was dealt at the start of the round, and the victims will "forget" all evidence they've been shown by others...

The Clue Book keeps track of all evidence, and marks off the disproven (either dealt or shown) elements...
---------------------------------------

And though it's not documented in the rules (it was a last-minute idea that hit me), this mode has the BYOND Member selectable option of playing in "Speed Mode" as opposed to regular mode... Speed mode speeds things up by announcing to everyone the impossible element when a suggestion is proven wrong... Under normal rules, once a player makes a suggestion, if another player has one of those "cards", they show that card to the suggesting player only, and that player now knows that that element can't be part of the final accusation...

Well, with speed mode turned on, the incorrect "card" is shown to all players, so everyone can mark it off of their lists...

I actually have another mode variant in mind to add later, but we'll have to wait and see...

So put on your Sherlock Holmes outfit, and get to sleuthing!
Silly SSGX!

Dragonball Z is for kids!

On a non sarcasm note, it was rather interesting to see that a forum about super powers made a game that is all human.

Murder baybe.
KershiVelix wrote:
On a non sarcasm note, it was rather interesting to see that a forum about super powers made a game that is all human.

The funny thing I've noticed about any long-standing DBZ forum I've ever frequented (though the same can probably be said of just about every fan forum of any kind) is that the focus of most of the discussion is on anything but the subject of the forum/site... Especially amongst the "veteran" users of the site (because they've been around long enough to have discussed the subject to death, so they grow tired of talking about it)

So to me, it's no surprise that this sort of thing came up on a DBZ site... No one involved was really into discussing DBZ anymore...