ID:716140

So I received very positive feedback from my previous post and decided to make this one.

Now I am designing a game. In which ignore is available for every verb(eg even if I say something in world say and the person is ignoring me he would still not see my text). Anyways I think the ignoring takes away the verbal abuse. I now moved onto the combat system that would be perfect for a non-admin game. So I was thinking that players should only be allowed to kill each other in PVP events such as guild wars and it would have to be in special areas(so this would take away stalkind and killing a person). These are the only things I can think of that would cause abuse.

Obviously auto-mute is put into the chat system in case of spam and auto-boot/ban might be put in if the player breaks any rules.

Anyways am I missing anything?
Hm, how often would these pvp events be? Have you considered a player vote system for the boot/mute to? Another thing you can do for verbal abuse if you're concerned is make a list for words that come out as ***** etc. An idea against the pvp events could be to expand on safe zone ideas, such as adding a timer from leaving the safe zone until the player can attack or be attacked, I am not sure what system your doing for progression, but if your using levels as a main attribute you could set it so lower levels or ranks etc cant be attacked or do attacking. There's many ways you could expand on this, are you aiming for player friendly completely?
What else would you be looking to expand into in this type of abuse controlling?
You could take the Dark Souls approach to PvP abuse by implementing a system that encourages lawful players to hunt down unlawful ones. Alternatively you could just create a system that makes it harder to play if you insist on killing every player in sight. Make the abusers the abused, send them NPC's that they can't handle whenever they start getting too murder-happy or kill a certain player too many times.

EDIT: Although, from what I understand EVE online does the send them NPC's that they can't handle thing and this doesn't always work. For example, right now an event is going on in which a large group of players is burning a major trade-hub and effectively just suiciding on these NPC's because the profits they are going to gain from burning the trade-hub far outweigh the cost of dying numerous times. Amusingly, this action supposedly cost the other players around $30,000 actual dollars worth of goods.
Brick has a point there expanding on that, if your really wanted you could even have a stat reduction for spam kills etc or spawn kills, even using verbal abuse etc.