ID:71843

Not a bug
Not a bug.
BYOND Version:N/A (Website Bug)
Operating System:Windows 7 RC
Web Browser:Opera 9.64

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
If you were to copy the link address of one of the vote things(Like, Right click "Not a rip" and hit "Copy Address" and paste it into your address bar, you can get as many votes as you want from what I can tell. (http://www.byond.com/games/Garruea/ NarutoHiddenShadows?command=vote&vote=nonrip , as an example)
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1: Go to a page that has a "Report Rip" thing
2: Right click the choice you want
3: Select Copy Link Address
4: Paste it into your address bar
5: Press enter
6: A "Your vote was saved" message will appear at the top screen.
7: Open another window, tab, etc
8: Repeat steps 4-7
Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
A message saying "You have already voted for this"

Actual Results:
You can vote as many times as you want.
Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every Time
In other games? Yes
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Probably

When does the problem NOT occur?
Never

Workarounds:
Don't copy the link address.
With no way to verify, I'm fairly sure that instead of the vote being counted, the proper message isn't returned.

It probably just says the vote counts when it really doesn't.
It's merely redoing the vote as if you changed your mind and voted again. The message is inaccurate but, since this does not come up except in potential abuse situations, there isn't a lot of point in fixing it.
Lummox JR wrote:
It's merely redoing the vote as if you changed your mind and voted again. The message is inaccurate but, since this does not come up except in potential abuse situations, there isn't a lot of point in fixing it.

Ah, I see. Okay then, there really isn't a point in fixing it...as a matter of fact, it's kind of funny in a way if they're trying to cheat the system, but they're getting nothing out of it.