ID:72374

In a small mini rant. My Nana's neighbour is so lazy, that he allows his sheep to wander his small backyard in order to eat the grass so he doesn't have to cut it. I'm fairly sure this is breaking some kind of law and if he keeps it up, is going to find himself without a paddock to return them on, as my Nanna is getting quite tired of constantly hearing sheep from outside her bedroom.

To the actual story, I had my first experience building a veranda the other day. As Nana's was literally falling apart. I didn't get to wreck it though, so I missed out on that fun. But I did get to help build it. And in the end, isn't that what really counts?

Here's a particularly crappy photo I took on my Nokia mobile phone. It's only half finished at the moment, we have to erect two posts and a roof over it yet.

As you can (not so clearly) see, the house is indeed very old. My Nana is 88 IIRC, and she's lived there the better most of her life.

My father often tells me stories of life when he was a kid growing up there. Being able to carry a shotgun through town and go out hunting rabbits without the police raising an eyebrow. Simpler, simpler times.
You should come out with more mini rants. You could call them "Tibby's Minis"
That looks like a smaller, mini version of my house!

C_Dawg_S wrote:

Sounds a little risky. What if he forgot the last "s" one day and people thought he was talking about his genitals?
I'm more partial to Tiberants. Although I have a similar case, I live in Washington and have a neighbor who has bought about four or five goats to eat up their grass and blackberry bushes(which doesn't work, they only eat the leaves). They are pretty damn annoying and loud early in the morning. I'm sure people have made complaints, and I expect some form of action will be made pretty soon.
Pro tip: If you're raising livestock (roosters, sheep, cattle, and so forth) around shitty neighbours, keep them in a shed until a better hour of the morning. This way they won't wake up because of the sunlight and make noise in the early hours of the morning.
Smoko wrote:
That looks like a smaller, mini version of my house!

Don't let the size of that photo fool you. This house isn't small, counting from memory there is 6 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 dining room, 1 kitchen, 1 bathroom and 1 laundry room. The living room isn't want I'd call small, and there are two bedrooms the same size as it.

A house like that would probably cost 'round 300,000 - 500,000 in a city, but because it's located in a very rural town.. and it's falling apart, we probably wouldn't see any money if we fixed it up and sold it. In all essence, the land is worth more than it is. Which is funny, because waaay back in the day, that house and the surrounding land only cost $4000. (Which back in those times is probably equal to ~300,000 now. A pack of cigarettes used to cost ten cents.)

But it has a fantastic view of some hills! Watching the sun set over an array of hills in that place is dazzling.
C_Dawg_S wrote:

http://www.tiberath.com/index.php?a=rants
Tiberath wrote:
Don't let the size of that photo fool you. This house isn't small.

What I meant was that if that room was wider and lacked the veranda it would look like a mirror version of the front of my house. I don't doubt the house isn't large, I'm used to old places that appear small but are actually considerably large once you get inside of them or look at their side.