Pokemon Awesome Version

by Choryong
RETRO AWESOMENESS
ID:724371

Keywords: beginner, faq, guide, help, noob
I just thought I would put together a general introductory guide for Pokemon Awesome Version (which I will likely refer to as PAV for the majority of the walkthrough) since noone else has done so.

Basic Controls

Movement - Arrow keys
Talk/Pick up item - Z,TAB,A
Note: Battle commands, scrolling through menus,hitting New Game/Continue at the title screen, and Whack-A-Diglett are all things that are done at the simple point and click of the mouse.

General Knowledge

This is a Pokemon game. Your goal is to collect 8 badges from the 8 gyms spread across Kanto in order to gain access to the Elite 4 so that you can achieve the esteemed rank of Pokemon Champion of the World. More than that, your goal is to have fun so HAVE FUN!!! Anywho, if you've played any Pokemon games in the past, you'll probably feel right at home as there are a lot of familiar faces that I won't give away.

FAQ

Q: I need help with the quizzes. They're so hard.
A: The questions are typically based around general Pokemon knowledge. If you need help in the acquiration of this knowledge there's a wonderful site (http://www.serebii.net/) that has all the answers you need.

Q: The Lavender tower maze is impossible. Help.
A: If you go clockwise (right, down, left, up, repeat) you'll find a way through the maze.

Q: Where do I find the Super Rod?
A: In this game, you get one rod that levels up when you encounter fish. If you're patient enough, this rod even exceeds the capabilities of the Super Rod

Q: Why isn't the Trade option working?
A: You must defeat the Elite 4 and the Champion to unlock trading.

Q: WHAT DO I DO? WHERE DO I GO?
A: This game loosely follows the event layout of Pokemon Red/Blue with a few exceptions. If you are wondering about these exceptions or are just unfamiliar with the Red/Blue layout you can:
1. Use your brain and persevere with your wit and cunning or....
2. Give up and ask a player like myself what you're supposed to do, though please don't expect the player to tell you where to go for every little thing that you need to do and use common sense when things call for common sense please.

Q: Can I change my colour?
A: At the beginning of the game, you can continually relog and hit New Game until you have the colour you desire. It isn't recommended that you make actual progress before doing this as you will lose all of it.

Q: What starter should I pick?
A: All of the starters are good in their own way so there isn't much of a difference in who you pick as none of them affect the difficulty of the game. All in all, pick the starter that you're the most comfortable with. Also, please be intelligent enough not to say things like "MY STARTER IS BETTER THAN YOUR STARTER". It is rather annoying and you're making yourself seem childish by doing it.

=================================================

This concludes this introductory guide/FAQ to PAV. Feel free to add to it if you feel that it is incomplete in any way shape or form.A list of moves can be found here:http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=100670. I hope that this answered any questions you may have had and I hope to see you online some time. Happy playing!