mik_chat

by Mikau
mik_chat
Learn how to chat over the map, like popular MMORPGs
ID:72672

Using simple interface techniques, you can hover the chat from simple input and output windows over your map, to create the illusion of chatting on an MMORPG.

Version 2 is a much better working version of the demo. I've solved the problems of being unable to move while chatting, being able to move the backdrop, and being able to move the main window. I've also rewritten everything so that it's hopefully easier to understand.

Version 3 is version 2, apparently I never updated the files.
Would just like to point out that you didn't mention in the demo to set the 2nd windows macro to the same as the standard set of macros.

Great demo though!
Pirion wrote:
Would just like to point out that you didn't mention in the demo to set the 2nd windows macro to the same as the standard set of macros.

Thank you, but I believe that as long as you don't delete the original [macro], all windows will default to it. So if your games macros are just modified off of the default [macro] that is made when you create the interface file, you won't have to touch anything.
No, that is not the case, it needs to be entered, unless you copy and paste the window.
Pirion wrote:
No, that is not the case, it needs to be entered, unless you copy and paste the window.

You don't need the second window to have a macro set anyways, since all it is used for it talking. The main window does everything.
The second window needs the movement macros defined, in order to make it move if you press a direction button while focus is in the chat.

Beautiful! Thanks!
Worked perfectly, thanks a lot. Using this trick all over my skins now.