As they took Draggin' Ballz 4k off the list following discussion that it was obviously a parody (they didn't apparently know this), there was certainly some questions asked and some discussion.
one more question:What is the extent of the use of dbz we can use in our src.Like are we allowed to use pictures in our src..lol
You can't use anything even remotely DB/DBZ/DBGT/Funimation-anime related.
Can my key still be Super Saiyan X? Or will the BYOND Database be eaten by FUNimation?
In response to Super Saiyan X
I'm using a Lisp injection I wrote in COBOL using an Ada compiler to DDoS the BYOND database as we speak to delete your key.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFf.
It's okay SSX, I'm going to reroute the encryptions and reverse the hash matrix so that LordAndrew can't locate your key's hashtag.
I was here before the DBZ outbreak. It was awesome. I remember GoB weekends. :D
In response to FIREking
GoB weekends?
"Gathering of Byond"

We'd pick a game and almost EVERYONE would play it.

Edit: http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=193036&hl=GoB%20gathering%20of%20byond
....You know Funimation cant do anything to the players...right since were not making money off of it....unless your like DU and have packs...if you dont your fine and Funimation cant touch shit ....by law anyways
In response to Tousesu
Tousesu wrote:
[...] right since were not making money off of it....unless your like DU and have packs...if you dont your fine and Funimation cant touch shit ....by law anyways

I'd like to know your education in law to make that claim.
In response to Keeth
Keeth wrote:
Tousesu wrote:
[...] right since were not making money off of it....unless your like DU and have packs...if you dont your fine and Funimation cant touch shit ....by law anyways

I'd like to know your education in law to make that claim.

Love to know yours too also It comes from fair use... The NONPROFIT section they cant touch Players..the can hurt developers....if they make money off of it
This link must get a lot of traffic:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Fair_use#Common_misunderstandings
(Specifically, "Noncommercial use is invariably fair")

Also, the company could potentially argue that BYOND makes money off of memberships from players who frequent the infringing games.

Regardless, it was a potential legal hurricane that BYOND didn't have the money or time to handle, so it did the only sane thing and followed the C&D requests.

If you would like to take your chances in court, you can advertise your game on your own website and take the legal liability yourself.
I'm so glad someone bumped this topic so we can reiterate over this discussion again for the seventy-sixth time.

So glad.

So glad.
I know Im talking about the players themselves they cant touch players for playing a game...
In response to Tousesu
Tousesu wrote:
the can hurt developers....if they make money off of it

Tousesu wrote:
I know Im talking about the players themselves

What?
I'm going to lock this topic; everything that can be said has been said already.

No games based on, referencing, inspired by or derived from any property owned by FUNimation or a subsidiary company of FUNimation are permitted due to past legal action by FUNimation.
Page: 1 2 3 4