Wiz Connect

by .screw
A logic puzzle game centered on matching three blocks of the same kind
ID:738162

BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows 98
Web Browser:Chrome 18.0.1025.168
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I'm getting this runtime error everytime I swap blocks:

runtime error: bad resource file
proc name: MouseDrop (/obj/blobs/MouseDrop)
source file: obj.dm,56
usr: Forum_account (/mob)
src: the blobs (/obj/blobs)
call stack:
the blobs (/obj/blobs): MouseDrop(the blobs (/obj/blobs), the grass (10,10,1) (/turf/grass), the grass (10,9,1) (/turf/grass), "default.map1", "default.map1", /list (/list))

The blocks trade places but they never disappear when I get three lined up.
Interesting.

I'll fix this and toss out an update. Thanks for the report!
At first I thought I just didn't understand how the game worked (which is still a possibility). I hit F1 hoping it'd explain things, but it brought up Dream Seeker's message log and I saw the runtime errors =)

Using the mouse to click and drag is a little awkward. It might be nice to be able to click on a block and use the arrow keys to move it. It'd also be nice if there was some audio feedback to let you know a move isn't valid - I was expecting to be able to drag blocks on top of other ones (even if there's not a block there to swap positions).

And nice graphics, by the way!
In response to Forum_account
Forum_account wrote:
At first I thought I just didn't understand how the game worked (which is still a possibility). I hit F1 hoping it'd explain things, but it brought up Dream Seeker's message log and I saw the runtime errors =)

After the first cut scene, you are provided instructions. But the F1 idea would certainly be a great option; it would go more in-depth and provide pictures.

The game play is rather cliché. A move is only valid when both blocks are next to each other. The goal is to get the same-colored block in a vertical or horizontal line, as shown here. I had a difficult time explaining the instructions, so I will certainly make an attempt at making things more clearer.

Using the mouse to click and drag is a little awkward. It might be nice to be able to click on a block and use the arrow keys to move it. It'd also be nice if there was some audio feedback to let you know a move isn't valid - I was expecting to be able to drag blocks on top of other ones (even if there's not a block there to swap positions).

The instructions were poorly written. Moves are valid when both blocks are touching each other. Although, diagonals are invalid.

I appreciate the feedback! I will release an update later today.
It looks like I'm getting one less move than the numbers say I should be getting. If the puzzle says "move 1 of 5" I'm only allowed to make 4 moves. I'm not sure if you're only supposed to get 4 moves and this is mislabeled or it's just checking if you've used all of your moves at the wrong time.
In response to Forum_account
Forum_account wrote:
It looks like I'm getting one less move than the numbers say I should be getting. If the puzzle says "move 1 of 5" I'm only allowed to make 4 moves. I'm not sure if you're only supposed to get 4 moves and this is mislabeled or it's just checking if you've used all of your moves at the wrong time.

It was mislabeled, but I fixed it. Thanks for the report!