ID:75120

Keywords: , guitar
So, i decided to turn this place into a Guitar Guild to teach people anything or help them with questions about guitar and or bass. What we need is a guitar guild CSS will you be ever so kind to do this? If so leave a comment saying you will and just because one person says they will don't mean others can't!
And uh, how much experience do you have?
2 Years worth man please don't be a ass here i have nothing personal against you it's just i don't like rips.
XxBloody NightmarexX wrote:
2 Years worth man please don't be a ass here i have nothing personal against you it's just i don't like rips.

No I'm not, I just wanted to see if you could help me, but I'm not sure if you can.
Why how long you been playing?
5 years
Time =/= Skill

what do you need help with?

also, a good idea turning it into a guitar guild.
Sun Knee wrote:
Time =/= Skill

what do you need help with?

also, a good idea turning it into a guitar guild.

Lol, well, do you know how to sweep? I'm learning about it, I usually play blues and old rock, but recently been playing alot of metal and speed, and I'm new to sweepin so I'm looking for some tips.
gah.. sweeping is one of the hardest techniques on gutiar to teach. it's more of a practice, practice, practice approach to it until you get it. Also, surprisingly (for me atleast), it's the picking hand that's harder to deal with and get in time with your left hand. I have no problems 'rolling' my fingers.

e|--------12--12--------------12--12--------|
b|-----13--------13--------13--------13-----|
g|--14--------------14--14--------------14--|
d|------------------------------------------|
a|------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------|

can you do something like this? Also, try and use a thck plectrum rather than a thin one. Same goes with heavier guages on strings.
Sun Knee wrote:
gah.. sweeping is one of the hardest techniques on gutiar to teach. it's more of a practice, practice, practice approach to it until you get it. Also, surprisingly (for me atleast), it's the picking hand that's harder to deal with and get in time with your left hand. I have no problems 'rolling' my fingers.

e|--------12--12--------------12--12--------|
b|-----13--------13--------13--------13-----|
g|--14--------------14--14--------------14--|
d|------------------------------------------|
a|------------------------------------------|
E|------------------------------------------|

can you do something like this? Also, try and use a thck plectrum rather than a thin one. Same goes with heavier guages on strings.

I've got downstroking down, not fast, but I can do it. I just having problems rolling my fingers when I'm upstroking.

I use 9 gauge strings.
Try using 11's instead.

Try using a metronome and hit each note in time with the beat where you can hit each note perfectly. When you can do this, just keep on increasing the speed until you're able to play each note as a quaver/eighth note.

Also hold your pick loosely as if it's going to fall.

Lol, I remember spending nights trying to learn to sweep picking too. A lot of times, I always used to punch my bed in frustration. However, it was a real breakthrough for me when I ended up being able to play sixteenth notes/semi-quaver. Best I've been able to do is a 24th note but that was only for like 3 seconds. Good luck
Sun Knee wrote:
Try using 11's instead.

Try using a metronome and hit each note in time with the beat where you can hit each note perfectly. When you can do this, just keep on increasing the speed until you're able to play each note as a quaver/eighth note.

Also hold your pick loosely as if it's going to fall.

Lol, I remember spending nights trying to learn to sweep picking too. A lot of times, I always used to punch my bed in frustration. However, it was a real breakthrough for me when I ended up being able to play sixteenth notes/semi-quaver. Best I've been able to do is a 24th note but that was only for like 3 seconds. Good luck

Ehhh, 11's? Sorry but Ima bender lol. I like to play alot of SRV stuff, and even tuning down a half step, bending would be harder, even though Stevie did it with 20 gauges, which I have no idea how he did it, I'm just too comfortable with 9s.

Heh I got up to about 150 bpms before I started crashing, I'll keep practicing, eventually I'll get it.
150 >.< I expected something like 100 BPM. you're doing well. Just post back when you think you're cool with it and we'll add in hammer-ons and pull-ofs and the like.
Just wondering, would it good practice, to use it while chording a song? Like just to get use to changing positions? like sweep the G chord, and if the chords in the song changes, change with it?

Yeah, look at some arpeggios. i remember doing 'house of the rising sun'

Uhm,yeah i need some help.It's on a particular song though.It's called Cliffs of Dover.Just need help from 3:10-3:15 on the video. :)
Great I've not been around or active due to running around late nights ...ha party time ...lol but Guitar is my life it's all i do really so I'ma make forums for help post tips regularly and also help anyone with help.

JUST NEED A LAYOUT :/
I'll also need some moderators to control everything.
Theironx wrote:
Uhm,yeah i need some help.It's on a particular song though.It's called Cliffs of Dover.Just need help from 3:10-3:15 on the video. :)

|----------------15-19--15-19p15--|
|----------15-17------------------|
|-------16------------------------|
|-14-17---------------------------|
|---------------------------------|
|---------------------------------|

|-17-15---------------------------------|
|-------17-15----17-15---------------17-|
|-------------17-------17-14------------|
|---------------------------17-14-x----|
|---------------------------------------|
|---------------------------------------|

|------------------------------------------15--|
|-15-15-17-20p15-------------------------------|
|----------------16-14----16-14----------------|
|----------------------17-------17-14-(14)-----|
|----------------------------------------------|
|----------------------------------------------|

|-14p10------------------------------|
|------------------------------------|
|-------14-12-------11p9-9p7---------|
|-------------14-12----------9-7-9-7-|

|--------------------|
|--------------------|
|--------------------|
|--------------------|
|-10-7---------------|
|------10-7p0-(0)----|

is this the part? and if so, what are you exactly having trouble with?
Alright I have question. Alright I'm not sure what it;s called, but Rhandy Rhoads (or Zakk) do this on No More Tears. It's the.. I call it "wailing". I don't know if that's what it means. but it's the harmonic bend he does. I was wondering what this is called, and if there is some ways to improve it. Please, I wish to learn how to do it. I understand how to somewhat, but I can't achieve the effect, I have practiced for over a month trying to do it, but Ionno how it works.

(Also how about a spot on this blog, like the forums, for people to post questions such as this? I had to go to older posts to find this. =P)
Page: 1 2