ID:751609

I lost my membership like a couple of hours or days ago I really dont know and I actually dont see a difference. Apart from creating hubs there is absolutely no difference. So is it even worth it for me to purchase another one? I mean if there was some sort of software limitation in byond which would be unlocked if I was a member that would be more tempting but this way its just pointless.

Alot of people go and tell ya to just support the engine but its like saying to support a local charity. Nobody does it and even if they do they probably wont do it again. Like just supporting the engine isnt a good enough reason for somebody to spend money on something. People dont enjoy throwing their hard earned money into a someones pocket so their project would live on. I know this sounds selfish but thats how the world is.

So can somebody give me a proper reason to actually buy a membership besides the hub creation?
All of the benefits are listed here. In addition, you'll need a membership to take advantage of the upcoming Flash and standalone clients.
The benefits are hub creation, usage of the pager, and some games give perks. In the future, it'll probably be used to skip ads for flash games. So if you don't find any value in these things, and don't want to contribute to BYOND, then there is no reason to renew.
standalone clients? You mean like an EXE build of the byond game instead of the dmb?
I actually think that selling the flash client addon be a good feature to byond that could add some revenue and actually add another benefit to membership. Anybody else think this is a good idea?