ID:766144

I've been thinking, all I do anymore is scan through the forums looking for interesting topics... I never play games anymore(except for Monster Kingdom which I played 3 days ago... I kinda like it). Does that mean i'm not a True "BYONDer"? I'm curious....

Pointless advertisement for the only game I've played in the last couple of months.

Depends on what you define a "BYONDer" as.
I haven't played a game on BYOND since... I think MLAAS... Like a year ago. Before that was about another year of nothing.

I pretty much just lurk the forums and provide answers to dev help questions that no one has responded to yet.
Albro@:Well, most people come to BYOND for 2 reasons; Playing games and Making games.... I stopped development on all of my projects and as mentioned in the post, I don't play games.

Robert: That's pretty much the same as I do... I only tried Monster Kingdom because one of my friends said it was a Pokemon rip off so I was wondering why she would say that.....
i stopped being a 'true BYONDer' when Linux client support died.
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:

It's like they killed your favourite pet, isn't it? A part of me always wants to prod you and go "hosting service / moderation, for old times sake?", but that's just nostalgia by this point.
Many people don't play games.
The only game I've played lately is Alchemist which is addictive as hell. Between developing and browsing the forums, I'd still consider myself a 'true BYONDer'. I've been with BYOND for seven years and don't see any reason on leaving anytime soon.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
I've been with BYOND for seven years and don't see any reason on leaving anytime soon.

Probably off topic but, did you have another key before ShadowVoid? Just curious.

In response to RareScar
Several.

Dark Side Of Mime Jr(Aug. '05) > Fish Fry(Apr. '08) > Shadow Void(Oct. '08) > Night Lament(Apr. '09) > Kumorii(Apr. '10).

Those are the only ones I kept longer than a week, but I've gone through a few of them. I plan on sticking with Kumorii, though. Lmao.
The way I see this is: BYOND is a software suite and website.
The 'er' really refers to using or user. One who uses.
If you use anything within BYOND, you are a BYOND user. Or, BYONDer.

Yes, you're all BYONDers.
In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
I plan on sticking with Kumorii, though. Lmao.

Right... LOL
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
digitalmouse wrote:

It's like they killed your favourite pet, isn't it? A part of me always wants to prod you and go "hosting service / moderation, for old times sake?", but that's just nostalgia by this point.

interestingly, i was thinking about Hedgerow Hall and old Chatters last week. i found a backup copy of both on a CD. i guess it would not hurt to ask LesbianAssasin/Hedgemistress if i could host HrH again to satisfy our nostalgia. got a modestly powered desktop running debian, sitting here collecting dust, plus a 10 Mbit down / 3 Mbit up line to support some decent hosting.

Finally someone got it right.

The term "BYONDer" was discarded at the beginning of the first Great BYOND War when the community split apart and formed their own factions. I designated myself as Warchief and led the BYONDites into battle atop my Gamabunta mount, while Oasis gathered his forces, which he came to name BYONDlings, but they were no match for my army of frogs. Eventually Oasis accepted defeat and as of now, BYONDites reign supreme over the lands.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
BYONDites reign supreme over the lands.

sounds more like a name given to Muppet babies.

In response to digitalmouse
Oh, truly, I shall be forever in your debt.
I want to pretend to be Ermac the Squirrel again.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Finally someone got it right.

"The term "BYONDer" was discarded at the beginning of the first Great BYOND War when the community split apart and formed their own factions. I designated myself as Warchief and led the BYONDites into battle atop my Gamabunta mount, while Oasis gathered his forces, which he came to name BYONDlings, but they were no match for my army of frogs. Eventually Oasis accepted defeat and as of now, BYONDites reign supreme over the lands."

"During that entire process the Dream Seekers and myself stayed far from the battle as we strummed our Lyres creating beautiful works of art and enjoying our time of peace." :)

I agree that their are 2 types of ""Byonders"", the gamers and programmers. If your not doing either of the two that makes you a ""Byonder"" by heart alone. I admit that I haven't stuck to a byond game in quite some time, but I'm currently working on a project that will interest myself and a few others.

Indeed.

Take the Flash client for instance. Do you really think this is just a mere update Tom is working on? Or is it in reality a single part of an elaborate plot we've been organizing since the founding of this website?

The end draws nigh, worms. The end draws nigh.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Take the Flash client for instance. Do you really think this is just a mere update Tom is working on? Or is it in reality a single part of an elaborate plot we've been organizing since the founding of this website?

I'm guessing it's in reality a single part of an elaborate plot you've been organizing since the founding of this website?
Lol, what am I, a Byondite or a Byondling?
Depends. Do you swear allegiance to the mighty Narto frog nation, or do you dedicate yourself to the weak and feeble forces of Oasis?
Page: 1 2