ID:768069

Hi guys, just wanted to inform you guys that me and SolarOblivion have started working on a game recently. It's in the first steps, but we're getting alot done in short time - http://www.byond.com/games/Zete/DragonEmblem

I put some mocks up for you to see what type of game it'll be.

It's an original game as you can see, about Magical Abilities, and working together with your Guild...

Yeah that might sound a bit clichè / too familiar too you, but it will have alot of twists that will render it rather interesting. Max Levels will be 9999, Disgaea style, so get ready to receive and deal damage in massive amounts.

The Guild content will be influencing the game heavily, no player will be left out - and each Guild will have its own rank. It should be mentioned that players can't even start a mission without first grouping with his Guild members first, it's a real cooperative game which requires a good management of teamwork from the players themselves.

You won't only be fighting though, crafting and it's experience gained will also partially go to the Guild to affect the overall level; a Guilds Level and Rank is affected by both Experience and Crafting Experience, if one is lower than the other then the balance will be unatural - gotta get both of those elements up, up, up!

If you're interested in helping pixel wise you can add me on msn; [email protected] I can't garantee you a place on the team though ;)
That hub icon has a sprite (on the right) that looks a lot like Natsu...and the water guy just happens to have his shirt off.
It was fairy tail based at first thats why
In response to ImmeasurableHate
ImmeasurableHate wrote:
It was fairy tail based at first thats why

You apparently didn't catch the tone of my post.
ok I understand now after reading this and rereading your first xD
Why not make it even more extreme and make the max level 99999?

As a matter of fact, I double dirty dog dare you to make the max level 99999.
At that point, these are all just abstract numbers that don't really mean anything except to measure progress. So, having some arbitrarily high number seems kind of silly, anyway.
(Do the game developers actually expect you the reach that high level, or did they just have to make some sort of arbitrarily high cap?)
If I gained 1 level each minute I'd still have to waste 9999minutes, which is a lot of time >_<
In response to Ether7
If you think you're 'wasting' the time anyway, then why bother?
None of you have ever played Disgaea before it seems, just wait and see how it fun it is (Stats do reach a Cap, even if it is in the millions).
Indeed. But I usually don't like tactic RPG's/turn-based strategy.
From your original post, I didn't get the impression that it would be of that genre.
I'm assuming you didn't accept my challenge.
The only problem I'm facing right now is, when should I release the game, or at least let people alpha test it? How much content does a game need to not be bashed for lack of content? Zane has put so many tiles, turfs, skills and overall effort and he's still not releasing (I think because he lacks overlays though) kinda puts me in a conundrum.

P.S. I released Pokemon Z's Alpha test after like 1 week or two (It had two maps, a town and a boss).
Haven't you played enough games to know that for yourself?

Think about a time you logged into a game and said to yourself "Meh, there's not enough to do in here" and logged back out. Now make sure your game has more content than that did when you decide to release it.
kay, sounds legit.
looking great, keep up the good work
Nice, been waiting for a game that's based around guilds haha. Also I'm a disgaea fan, so that's even better.