ID:77280

Unfortunately, I was late 2 days writing this up. I apologize for this, I'm currently on vacation and have no time to access computers except for now. DarkCampainger will be doing the final blog post, and since I was late on this post, the final cleanup date will be on August 2nd.

As I stated before, in the event you are confused about anything happening for the Cleanup, you can take a look at the links below:
If you are just hearing about this "Bi-Monthly Cleanup", and wish to learn more about it, read this previous post explaining the process.

For more information on the list and the discussion surrounding the games chosen to be removed, you can tune in to the game guidelines dedicated forum topic.

There are currently 4 general submission requirements games must follow to join BYOND Action. If you want to see the new and pending submission requirements for BYOND Action, please visit the dedicated forum topic stating the official guidelines. .

Unfortunately, the list didn't change much since my previous post except one of the games have been removed from BYOND. Here are the games that are in danger:

Games in Danger:

Games that fall under Reason #4:
"It must be either Downloadable, have a Posted Hosting schedule, or have a Dedicated 24/7 Host"

Once again, there is the list. Now, if everything is done according to plan, the actual clean up and final blog post will be done on August 2nd. As I stated before, if your game is on the above list, it's your duty to make sure that you fix or upload the host files before it's too late! If not, your game will be removed from BYOND Action.
A suggestion;

Have you tried notifying the owners of these games? That could be a way to squeeze the hosting files out of them.

SotS II isn't quite 100% ready yet. It's almost there though. I haven't really had the time to work on it properly. I don't mind it being removed for the time being until it's ready.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
A suggestion;

Have you tried notifying the owners of these games? That could be a way to squeeze the hosting files out of them.

This is our method of notification. We don't have the time to track down each individual game author (if they are even still on BYOND) and ask them personally to upload or fix their hub files.

Doing it this way also serves to remove games no longer being actively developed or maintained: if the author is still working on or maintaining it, they should notice when it is removed from the guild and hopefully find their way here.

That said, I will make an effort to save old classics. I should have most of their host files laying around, as I had to download them at one point or another.
Lummox JR wrote:
SotS II isn't quite 100% ready yet. It's almost there though. I haven't really had the time to work on it properly. I don't mind it being removed for the time being until it's ready.

This is the perfect mentality for someone with their game on the list. If you can't bring the hub to meet the requirements before the deadline, simply do so when you can and resubmit it -- there is no penalty for having your game removed from the guild.
I think I might have obliterations hosting files. Ill have to check when I get home though.

(Blackberry internet ftw!)

Edit: Nope...
My games source and hostfiles are lost. ^..^
Download link has been fixed for Box Head. :)
I fixed the download link on Halo BYOND.