ID:776617

Keywords: base, fire, mock, punch, up
Few things I'm working on.

Looking good. Some suggestions though:
The guy doing the handseals:
He seems to lose his shading when his arms go out. Also, I would not make his arms shoot out so far.
The guy punching:
I would just make an intermediate icon state, in between the draw back and the punch, make a state that has the legs moving from front to back and vice-versa. They just kinda seem like they are jumping rather than shifting.

Otherwise they are looking pretty good
(Just looking at the top image.)
The arms are coming apart too far, and appear to be flailing.
The fire needs to morph and change shape more like real fire does. It looks like a solid or liquid object when fire is more like a gas or plasma.

And I agree, the shading seems to disappear on the frames when his arms are spread.
I watch Naruto regularly and when they perform hand seals for jutsus, it looks nothing like that.

They mainly move their hands, not their entire arm, and they're using their hands to form signs, not using them to clap.

The arms shouldn't wave out, but should instead remain near the chest and the hands should only be moving.
This pretty much sums it up I think, other than his erratic leg movements on the punch state flashing about
First of all, I never said anything about Naruto, nor did Mecha Cloud. Secondly, it would be a travesty if we didn't tell you the mistakes you made and let you go on thinking it was okay. (Whether or not you asked for feedback.)
Art and Sound is very much for sharing art and sound tutorials, getting art and sound questions answered, and getting feedback on your work, or WIPs.
In response to Complex Robot
Since I obviously directed the Naruto comment at Vrocaan, I don't see your point.

@Everyone

When I ask for, and if I ask for criticism I ask that it be constructive and helping with my art. Had I posted this on a pixel art site like Pixel Joint I would've received some pointers, tips and maybe even their own touch up of the art. Here, it began with some nice pointers. Like all topics on here though, it just brought in idiots who'd rather say "omg looks like poo" than give real help. Those of you who tried to agree with these fools are equally comparable in my eyes. Quit being such tools. I'm done here.
I've trimmed out what I can of the bits here where people were squabbling, but I'll kind of sum them up:

If you are going to provide 'criticism,' make it constructive. Don't just say "This looks awful," explain why, and importantly explain HOW TO FIX IT. You think you're a better artist, clearly, so pass that wisdom on. Sharing is caring.

If you post something in the Art and Sound forum, you are basically inviting people's opinions. They might be hostile, they might be offensive, but you have to be prepared for that. Be aware that our community aren't all professional artists, but some of them will have opinions anyway.

The age range also varies enormously, as does the maturity level. We're not like PixelJoint, where everything is civil and polite.

The older users are also quite used to phrasing things in a somewhat confrontational manner. Obviously, this is going to upset newcomers, so maybe we could be a little easier on them, yes?
The arms and torso still look low-quality. Try shading it some, or adding detail to depict where a muscle should be. Maybe attempt to add anything that looks like fingers? The first animation's legs jump randomly from one frame to the next. The second animation's leg loses it's shading and looks odd in-general. The right arm actualy seems to partialy vanish before punching. You give the illusion of the legs moving when it's un-needed and dosn't make much sense.
It's an improvement. But there are still some things to be fixed.

The hand sings are way better than the clapping hands, but they still look static. It's hard to do so many details with a small sprite, so I suggest at least moving the elbows back and forth a little. I made this animation a long time ago, but can show what I mean a little. Photobucket (The base is not mine)

Also, the highlight in the head switch from side to side, I assumed you copy/pasted the frames. Easy fix though.

I don't get why the legs are spread apart then suddently come closer when the jutsu is formed. I guess you wanted to give it a more dynamic stance, but I don't think it's working.

The fire looks like 3 seperate icons. I suggest making the whole thing one icon. The animation isn't as smooth as fire should be but hey, I suck at animations too so I don't have any pointers to give there. But I'm sure you can find some tutorials online.

As for the punching guy, the punch is pretty nice. But the legs are weird. One just gets darker while the other one gets lighter.