ID:77697

BYOND Version:447
Operating System:Windows Vista Home Basic
Web Browser:Firefox 3.0.12

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
I compiled my game in dram maker and this game up:
loading Bleach.dme
loading Interface.dmf
BYOND(447.1028) BUG: invalid fptr 472617
loading Map.dmm
saving Bleach.dmb (DEBUG mode)

Bleach.dmb - 0 errors, 0 warnings

I thought it was wierd so I thought I'd better report it.

Does the problem occur:
- Once

When does the problem NOT occur?
Almost every time.
Based on a cursory look at the backend code, I think you may be nearing the limit of your available memory while compiling. If the game is sufficiently complex and you have a relatively small amount of memory (which is likely to be reduced significantly by an OS like Vista), that could cause some problems. More information would probably help, but I bet there's probably little chance of properly verifying this issue since it's intermittent.
There's not much in the game. Couple of ways to train, a few social verbs, a sme icons... Not really that much.
Hrm, that's an even deeper mystery then. It'll probably be hard to make any headway on this unless you can reproduce it somewhat reliably.

I'm not entirely sure memory could be ruled out as a factor though. While it's a long shot at an explanation, oftentimes very strange one-off events can be a sign of RAM failing. If you've been seeing any other weird behavior on your computer, that's something to watch out for. That's probably not what's happening here, but it's one possible explanation as opposed to none at all yet.