ID:78091

Keywords: intro
A collection of spy adventures inspired by the true stories of espionage in real-world applications. This game is not confined to espionage and the collection of intelligence, but including almost anything within the scope of secret intelligence operations--anything, that is, that a modern intelligence organization might be called upon to do...There is only one constant in all of these adventures, one old-fashioned irreplaceable element that remains essential in the pursuit of our vital intelligence objectives--the skill of the human being himself. Despite the new technology which science is now putting into the hands of the intelligence agent, it is still the human competence to operate the tools and to interpret the product which remains the factoring element in the intelligence equation today.

The game relies heavily upon strategic tactics and diligent planning, rather than statistical measurements which determine the ability of your character. While strategy and tactical maneuvers impose many components of game-play, the paraphernalia of the agent is contributed by excessive game-play and therefore is only acquirable by playing for extended periods of time. This equipment and ranking acquired only after extended periods of play give only slight benefits to the agent, thus strategic tactics and planning still dictate most aspects of game-play.

The game itself is not yet finished, but I want to introduce the game to some of you in hopes to get some followers and criticism. I will be posting updates to the game as well as questions to your opinions relating to specific aspects of game-play. Feel free to post any bug reports/suggestions and any feedback, whether it be good or bad.

Now I will begin on the game-play.
The way that the game plays is very loose and free in regards to activity. There exist 4 different agencies, all feeling great animosity towards each other. Each agency fights to procure intelligence that isn't publicly available. You can choose one of the 4 agencies or you can choose to become a freelancer and make your
own way of life working the black markets and with the other agencies around the world.
Many missions within the game closely resemble real life espionage tactics and missions that many real agents have lived through, including penetration, networks of espionage, counterespionage, double agents, defection,
deception, codes and ciphers, sifting evidence, assassination, and technology of espionage. The game is not turn based, it is multiplayer and is based in real-time. Real-time fighting and strategic use of tactics and technology is what the game operates around. The opportunities are vast in numbers, you have many choices to become any type of agent you want, it all depends on your strategy, planning, and actions. The rest you'll have to figure out yourself.

I'll set up some hosting schedules in the near future, here is a screen shot of the game at its current state.
That looks kinda cool, not gonna lie but that screen shot kinda reminds me a murder mansion with the whole darkness setup
Will there be crab walking?
The darkness is just probably just Shadowdarke's library at work. Its not unique to a single game.
Foomer wrote:
The darkness is just probably just Shadowdarke's library at work. Its not unique to a single game.

You don't see it used as often as you'd think.
Foomer wrote:

I chose Shadowdarke's library to achieve that lighting effect, I think it suits the game very well. I ended up making my own lighting system after Shadowdarke's failed me in several applications. I plan to use the darkness as a sneaking system-in the darkest spots the AI won't be able to spot you unless they are practically on top of you. As you get more lit up, there is a higher chance of you being seen during an AI check.
SuperAntx wrote:
Will there be crab walking?

Crab walking?
SuperAntx wrote:
It's a Team Fortress thing.

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs49/f/2009/175/3/6/ spy_crabs_awareness_week_by_021.jpg

hahah. Well in that case, no. No crab walking. :P