ID:78365

Do you think in the future they will have something like a helmet you put on something like well a virtual simulator and then you can and also friends at the same time can walk around in a world of zombies and junk that'd be badass I'd give like 1 or 2 K for something like that.
I'd give about a few CSS changes so that the Guitar Chat Game Banner doesn't overlap your blog post.
It doesn't what are you using FireFox or Gay Ass IE?
XxBloody NightmarexX wrote:
It doesn't what are you using FireFox or Gay Ass IE?

Firefox
So am I and It don't overlap it from where I'm looking but I'll move it down.
XxBloody NightmarexX wrote:
So am I and It don't overlap it from where I'm looking but I'll move it down.

Yea now it covers up a comment LOL.
It's cause it's so large (... no comment) that it overlaps to this part of the blog.
What about now?
I can't find it lol
I believe they do have some very crappy virtual reality-like things you can test out when you find one on display.

I think an option like that would be terrible for the public. The whole thing would be open up for multitudes of lawsuits due to people crashing their heads into walls and such. Unless they would form an environment in the helmet based on your surroundings (highly doubtful) it just wouldn't work. You'd need a pre-set room or maze to play in publicly for it to work well.
Honestly, it would have to be Matrix-level good before it could compete with your classic screen and joypad games. I mean we're pretty far away from photo-realistic animation, and we're miles away from photo-realistic gaming even on 2D screens that take up a fraction of your vision.

I'm sure someone will eventually build the roots of this sort of full VR setup, but I can't see them making anything good enough for it to ever get the funding to get to the point where it can realistically compete with games.

I think even then people would opt for the classic setup. Actually going into the game sounds cool, but so much of it would have to be automated that it would be about as real as playing with a controller and screen, but cost TONS more and in terms of power would be like comparing NES games to PS3 (if you've got the power to make a full VR simulation of a house then you've got the power to make full universe without the VR).
Either that or it wasn't automated, which would make it like comparing a Gameboy game to a PS3, and you would be stuck on tutorial because aiming an assault rifle and jumping barrels is a lot harder than wiggling a stick and pressing B.
What happened to the classic gamers that didn't care about graphics, just about gameplay? I mean damn, I think Dig Dug is still fun, while everyone else is like prototype! ZOMFG GIGGITY.

Where did the times go...
Lol. Anyone up for VR Mortal Kombat?